Darkness

Darth Maul towered over the twins and Tye, an eerie frown etched across his face.

"You are fools, children. You do not see the truth."

"What truth," Leia snapped, spitting her words out with passion.

"Your friend, Tano, killed your father."

"That's not true," Luke said. "Ahsoka would never hurt our father."

"Oh, but she did." He clicked a button on his communicator, and played back a video.

Ahsoka rushed into a room where Anakin lay, motionless. She seemed to stumble, and then the room burst into flames, leaving a dazed Ahsoka on the floor next to Anakin's corpse.

The twins felt their hearts drop at the sight of their murdered father. How could Ahsoka do this to them?

"I am not the villain here," Maul explained. "It was Tano."

Anger bubbled up within the twins like the fiery lava of Mustafar. Their tears ran in hot, red streams. Vengeance for their father's death consumed their minds, all they could think was how much they wanted to kill Ahsoka for her treachery.

"If you join me, I can help you. You can avenge your father's death."

"Yes, master," the twins agreed, in unison.

"Go, find Tano, and punish her. I will deal with her padawan," he grinned.

He turned, his black cloak fluttering in the sudden gust of wind, and drew his saber. With one hand, he lifted and choked Tye, and with the other, he drove his saber through Tye's stomach.

Tye dropped to the floor with a thud.

***

"It can't be," Obi Wan muttered as he skidded to a halt. Just for a moment, he could have sworn he felt... Anakin's presence.

But that was impossible.

Anakin is dead.

He sighed, deciding to check just to be safe, and ducked into the room he felt the force from.

Anakin lay on the floor, restrained by heavy durasteel shackles.

Hastily, Obi Wan cut the durasteel away, and slung Anakin's unconscious body over his shoulder.

He would make it out alive.

***

Obi Wan burst out of the building as fast as he could go with the extra weight of Anakin on his shoulders.

He quickly ran to the set co-ordinates where his team would be waiting.

"Where's Ahsoka," Ventress asked, her raspy voice this time a relief to Obi Wan.

"Still inside," Obi Wan said. "The children have been deceived, they think that Anakin is dead. Then Maul and Barriss took them from us, and we can't find them."

"You mean that wench is here," Ventress spat.

"If by wench, you mean the new Darth Nurua, then yes."