The End of the Sith

Ahsoka stayed behind, comforting a trembling Luke, and praying that her master would return. Anakin could not go with Obi Wan, and was forced to stay behind, caring for himself before putting himself and his family into harm's way.

Obi Wan took a breath as he entered the facility again, one too many times for his taste. He hoped to meet up with the others, and tell them that Ahsoka and Luke had made it out safely. His mind wandered to Leia, his common sense telling him that she would not make it, that it wasn't possible. He couldn't save everyone.

***

Leia seethed with hatred, her blood boiling in her veins. How could her own brother turn away? He was weak, and she would show him.

Maul burst in, his face turned down into a sickly frown, his eyes glinting golden yellow.

"Where is your brother," he demanded.

"My brother was weak," she spat, turning to face her master. "He gave into the call of the light."

Maul let out a loud, guttural yell, his body convulsing back and arching as his voice pierced through the quiet room.

"Bring him to me."

Leia grinned.

"Yes, my lord."

***

Column after column zipped out of Leia's peripheral vision as she made her way through the maze-like hallways.

Suddenly, a familiar figure emerged from a hidden entrance, his blue lightsaber ignited and casting bright blue light across his face. In the dark, she could make out his eyes, and the signature beard he had always sported.

"Obi Wan," she grimaced.

"Leia," he said, breathing a sigh of relief.

She bared her teeth, preparing to strike.

"You found her," another voice called, this one belonging to Mace Windu, who emerged from the hidden entrance now.

She took a step back, adjusting her attack, then darted forward, swinging her saber, leaving the ground. Obi Wan quickly blocked, batting her saber away.

"Leia, listen to me," he pleaded.

"Why should I listen to you? You are working with the woman who killed my father!"

"No, Leia-"

"You are evil," she roared, striking again, pushing him back a few feet.

"Go find Maul," Obi Wan told Mace. "I can deal with Leia."

She felt her anger and hatred surge through her, and she lashed out again, but Obi Wan simply blocked her attack.

"Go," he pleaded, as Mace turned to leave.

***

"We have to do something," Anakin urged. "I can't just wait around while my daughter is in there, controlled by a Sith."

"I agree," Ahsoka said, "but you can't walk."