Chapter Eight

-------------> Thanks Cookies_For_Anna for the amazing book cover!

Chapter Eight

“Oh dear that- that must be horrible,” Mom wrapped me in her arms and I buried my face in her chest, with her hands smoothing my hair. 

“Don’t worry, White,” I heard Austin’s firmed voice above my head. “I’m ready to kick some ass. Who’s with me?” I looked up and sniffed hard, even the youngest Bass boy raised his hand. 

“You guys, thank you. But look, you really don’t have to do this. we’ve just met for like, couple of hours.” I hiccupped, wiping off the tears and steadied my voice. 

“Every gentleman will do that for such an innocent girl, don’t be silly.” Cody said, grouping the rest of the boys. “Austin, Tyler and Matt, go near the bathroom to see if there’re any suspects. Hayden and I will check out to the exit.” The guys nodded in unison, except Zac.

“What about me?” He asked, frowning. 

“You stay there and see if the pervert will return for White, with Mr. and Mrs. Garrets,” Cody added, as Zac jumped up and down excitedly he winked at the couple.  “White’s gonna be here with you too.”

“I’ll go with you!” I protested loudly, lucky the restaurant was barely populated. “Should we like, inform the person in charge here?”

“Yeah,” Dad said, waving at one of the waiters, who was staring at us, irritated. “Go before he escaped!”

As we were divided into two groups, heading to separate ways, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around. It was the Greece god.

“You forgot um…something.” Hayden pointed at my back with an embarrass look. Till then I realized that my back was actually exposed in the air. I smashed my forehead as I remembered I didn’t zip up my dress. 

I tugged out my arms and tried to reach for it, but somehow it was stuck, cliché much. I sighed and turned around unwillingly, my back facing Hayden. “I think it’s stuck. Could you please help me?”

He didn’t say anything but then I felt fingers working on the zip. Within seconds, my body was pulled back a little as he finished zipping up the dress. “There you go,” He said, tapping my shoulder again gently. Cody was already nowhere to be seen, so we rushed to the exit to look for him.

“I’m sorry you have to go through this. This town has always been…Quiet. I thought my life was bad enough, but then yours would be a disaster.” Hayden pushed the door open and we jogged out. He was…blue, for some reason. I stopped my steps and stared right into his eyes.

“I was adopted by the Bass when I was just one month. My parents were celebrating my birth with candle light dinner then the house caught on fire, they told me. It was the biggest accident that’s ever happened.” , he forced out a pathetic smile, the sadness in his voice almost made me cry. I guess everyone just had a story. Mom had, I had, and Hayden had, too.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know.” I couldn’t think of anything better to say…”But at least you got the Bass boys and such good parents, right?”

“Yes, I’m lucky I had them. I’ve moved on and I’m proud of who I am today, thanks to them.” Hayden grinned slightly and we jogged outside. Right then we saw Cody waving at us, impatient.

“What took you so long?” Cody was literally panting, guess he doesn’t do sports much? Then he started babbling “Do you have any impression of that pervert? I think he must be pretty tall, to peek over that high window. And pretty thin too, a fat guy definitely can’t climb that high…”

“Hey that’s your phone ringing, right?” We heard some music and Hayden asked, pointing at Cody’s phone in his pocket. Cody grabbed it out and answered the call, looking all serious. 

“What? You got him? Maybe? Okay we’re coming right away.” He put down his cell and slipped it back, pushing us back into the restaurant again. “It was from Austin. He said they spotted a tall and thin guy outside the ladies’ room, sneaking around, looking all intense and worried. They’ve stopped him but he didn’t say anything yet.” 

My heart was beating way too fast again, I could barely breath. I’m about to find out that pervert, the only one that’s seen me only in underwear… 

Cody’s arm slightly landed on my shoulder as I wrapped myself up with both arms. “That douchebag. We can call the police if you want to.” He said in absolute hatred. 

We entered the steakhouse and saw a group of people circling a guy, who was probably sitting on the chair. Even the waiters started to wonder what happened… Right, this is another shame in my life. They all moved away when I arrived, the guy was facing me with his back. 

“Hey, asshole,” Austin rudely hit the guy’s back and the guy jumped up angrily, sending his middle finger to Austin. 

Then I could see his face as clearly as crystal. The messy black hair, familiar green eyes, perfectly curved lips, pierced ear and the goldfish tattoo on his neck…

No… It can’t be him. That’s impossible…

How could it be him? 

He let out a smirk when he realized I recognized him.

“Hey, pretty girl,” He winked at me, making me feel disgusted. “Look how defensive your boyfriends are, what a shame you don’t live in New York anymore…You have no idea how much I missed you.  It’s so nice to see you again.” He took a step closer to me, I could smell the alcohol coming from his mouth, mixed with cigars. 

“What the hack?” Austin turned his face at me with a big question mark, just like everyone else did. “You know him?”

No, this can’t be him…

My head was all messed up. It’s like a thousand bees were flying blindfolded in my brain. 

“No- No I don’t. “ Subconsciously I shook my head and forced the words out. Before anyone could grab me, I turned around and ran away from the steakhouse like my life depended on it.

“Whitney!” I heard mixed voices calling, but I didn’t stop.

My life was depending on it.

*****************************************

N/A: Sorry for the long wait i got exam just these days :P Question: WHO IS THAT PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!? ;p

30 likes before next upload? thanks :P