Chapter Twenty One

---> Thank you MusicStargazer for this amazing cover! dedication is a must ;)

If it's okay, would you guys search ColtonHenderson and check out his awesome poems? Thank you :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whitney’s P.O.V

I felt a light motion in my hand which was with Tyler’s hand. I looked down and saw the twist on his finger, and then I almost screamed out happily.

“You’re awake!” I tried not to jump on him, since the doctor said there was a bump in his head and he needed not extra stress or excitement. His eyes grew wide open with a smirk.

“I’ve always been. But I heard some crazy girl screaming at me, telling me stuff like she’s gonna be my girl when I wake up… So tell me, who exactly was that girl? It couldn’t be you, right?” There was not a tiny bit of tiredness or pain on his face…

The color of an apple rushed into my face… “So you’ve been faking the pass out?” 

“Not exactly…I did pass out, but then I woke up…I just didn’t open my eyes,” His smirk turned into a childish grin. “So it was you all the time?”

“So I bet you’ve been faking the broken ankle too…” Didn’t bother to answer him, I used certain strength and hit  his leg with a victorious look.

“Ouch!” He groaned, bending his waist to check on his leg, when suddenly someone bumped into the room.

“Oh my goodness, what the hack do you think you’re doing?” A female nurse was the one who ruined the whole payback scene. “I demand you to leave this room right away! No one can get away if they hurt any of my patients…”

Then she actually winked seductively at Tyler…He awkwardly grinned back with a frown, totally not attracted by the nurse although she was kind of pretty with a blonde loose bun and big green eyes.

“No! My girlfriend was just trying to give me a massage…Apparently it was her first time?” Tyler explained convincingly.

Girlfriend! He just said that word, referring to me!

“Oh, girlfriend, I see, huh?” The nurse turned to me and looked up and down on me, checking me out and then made a slight cold laugh. “Well then have fun with your girlfriend I’m going to help other patients!”

Then with her chin up high, she walked out of the door, leaving Tyler looking at me innocently.

“Here, girlfriend,” he pointed at his cheek and hinted. Oh my, is this really the shy, never talk much Tyler we’re talking about? “I want something special!”

Then I thought about Austin, the night, and our kiss…

“White!” He pouted like a baby, pulling me back to reality. He emphasized his finger pointed at his face and grinned more childishly.

I did make my promise to him, though. At this moment, I might sound like a player, but no. I knew better than anyone else that when I knew he was in the accident, I was so scared that I felt like my heart was pounding out from my chest. 

After all I really cared about him… And maybe the feeling I had was stronger than the one I had for Austin. If Ty and I ever kissed, would I feel the way like when Austin kissed me?

I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly like a mother teaching a kid, the next second my lip was already gently touching his cheek skin. 

“Mwah,” I made a louder noise on purpose, “You happy now, boyfriend?”

 “Yes. I especially like the way you call me, cutie pie,” He said, winking.

~~~

Everyone was in the living room, welcoming the return of Tyler after three days of hospitalization. Not only the Bass members, but even Apple, Nikki and Anthony were there, too.

“We’re glad that you’re okay, Ty. You have us very worried!” Ms. Bass gently wiped the tear off the corner of her eyes and smiled brightly.

“It was just a tiny potato! Why did you guys make such a big deal out of it?” Tyler snorted in displeasure, but then a bright smile revealed on his face.

“Hey listen, I have a very, very important news to burst, so listen really carefully,” He pushed my shoulder and brought us to the center of people.

“Did you find out you have a brain cancer or something? Oh wait, you are a Cancer!” Austin said in sarcasm even I couldn’t understand. But except me, everyone just kept laughing like it was the most hilarious joke ever. 

“I announce that, Whitney Levine and I are officially a couple!” He held up my hands and raised it into the air.

There was a silence in the crowd at first. I glanced at Austin’s indifferent face, there was a bit of sourness in my heart, but I tried to hide it with a bit of smile. At the same time even though I didn’t listen on purpose, I heard a loud gasp from Nikki.

“What?” She mouthed me when I turned around and looked at her. She either was surprised by the fact that I didn’t tell her earlier, or simply the fact that I’ve changed my mind and picked Tyler instead of Austin.

I shrugged my shoulder at her. Right now the most important thing I had to do was explanation, but not to Nikki, at least not now.

I turned my head back again, but Austin was already nowhere to be seen. And soon, my face was buried in Tyler’s chest.

~~~

“Hey!” I waved at Hayden and walked towards him as he dropped by to pick the kids up. With me, there was also my new boyfriend, Tyler.

“Hey what’s up, sister in law?” Hayden waved back, smirking. 

I playfully poked his arm and pouted. “Stop saying that, it’s just stupid!”

“No, it’s not. I like it!” Tyler’s lips drew closer and landed on my forehead. “Now princess, let’s get into our pumpkin car!” He bowed mischievously and pointed to the other side of parking lot, where his car located.

“So we’ll see you later, okay?” 

Hayden nodded and Tyler had his arm around my shoulder, pulling me to start walking.

“What a great pair of love birds,” Austin appeared out of nowhere, speaking sarcastically with jealousy. “Hayden, would you please tell Tyler not to show off his new girlfriend that much? It’s really annoying sometimes, considered that most of us are still single. Besides, I bet it won’t last long…”

This is definitely not a good start of a conversation… 

“So I guess you’ve heard him?” Hayden frowned confusedly and turned to Tyler. 

The smile on Tyler soon faded away, even though there was no anger shown up on his face. I could feel the pressure his arm gave to my shoulder increased. 

~~~

N/A :What do you think will happen next? Will there be a fight?

The answer is...ding ding ding! You'll find it out in the next chapter xD

Don't hate, 50 votes?:P