Chapter Fifteen

That night I didn’t sleep well, thinking about all the possible ways Stephanie could do to torture Anthony’s lovable bear. I swear if she harmed it one strip of hair, I would make her life miserable.

At least try to.

I never do make-ups, but the next day I had to at least put on some white powder to cover up the big, deep black circles under my eyes.

My face looked even paler, so I picked a black and gold tank top and a pair of dark yellow pants to wear.

It kinda looked like a Rock & Roll outfit?

‘Wow, there. What happened to your face? Did Edward Cullen sneak into your bedroom and sucked up all your blood last night?” Whenever the stupid Matt started talking, there was always a rushing desire for me to punch his overly good looking face.

I snorted, ignoring him. As soon as I buckled up, Tyler headed to school, as usual.

“Hey, what time does the show starts?”

“Seven thirty. We’ll pick you up and of course, we’ll see Tyler in the concert.” Cody replied.

Matt was texting someone on his Samsung Galaxy S, too focused to hear my question. In fact, he didn’t even bother to look up when we talked

Whatever.

“And what time does it end?”

“Eight thirty.”

“Okay. I might’ve to leave earlier. Stephanie invited me to her birthday party.” When I said invited, I was thinking about it was more like ‘threaten’.

Oh poor teddy, you’ve done nothing wrong. You don’t deserve the way you’re treated…

“What?” Apparently what I just said had brought Matt to my attention. “But you can’t-“

He shut right up after Cody elbowed him. He groaned in a low voice and glared at Cody.

“Oh of course you can, White. You can leave at early as you want, as long as you saw the wild side of Tyler,” Cody finished the sentence for Matt. After a nod of mine, the car fell into awkward silence in the rest of the journey to school.

Something’s wrong. And not just Stephanie is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After nearly half of the school day of searching efforts, Stephanie was still nowhere to be seen. Her clicks were easy to be found though. You could tell they were coming when you heard the unique noise their high heels made in unison.

The kind of noise that makes a man who attempts to suicide more desperate.

“Have you seen Stephanie around today?” Finally I brought up the word ‘Stephanie’ in front of Nikki, her former best friend. We’ve been avoiding to talk about her ever since Nikki told me her past friendship with Stephanie. To ease awkwardness, I guess.

“She never comes to school whenever the day she has a party. She claims that she has a lot of preparations to do.” She explained while we were heading to gym class.

Of course, mysterious disappearances of her with my beloved teddy bear.

“Oh god. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“You didn’t ask. And I didn’t know you were looking for her,” She smiled innocently.

“Genius,” I poked her head slightly, rolling my eyes at her. “Do you wanna come to Tyler’s concert tonight? I have a few more spare tickets. Colton and the girls can join us too!”