Chapter Twenty

“Maybe you should play the head or tail trick, see who destiny wants you to have?” Heading to gym at school, Nikki picked out a one dollar coin from her pocket and handed it to me.

“I don’t believe in those craps, silly,” I pushed it back to her hand then yawned with my mouth as wide as possible.

“See? You have no manner, and obviously those guys are troubling you. Maybe you should reject everyone. I mean, if you have feelings for one of them, you would’ve picked that guy instead of still having problem choosing one. You just don’t like any of them!” She started analyzing my trouble again. 

The fact that she reads a lot of fantasizing and unrealistic love stories had always made me doubted the credibility of her ‘great’ theories, but this time, she might be true. Only things happened in the exact opposite way.

Maybe I actually have feelings for both Tyler and Austin… Then I’d slap myself in the face. This is just so not me, how is it even possible?

“What do you feel like when you fall in love with a person?” I asked her randomly.

She first looked surprised, and then her face revealed a sense of awkwardness with a frowning grin. “I actually haven’t dated anyone in a serious relationship…”

“What do you mean a serious relationship?” 

“Um…” She looked down at her fingers, playing with them. “I don’t know. The only guy I went out with was in freshmen. I only went out with him because my friend Stacy dared me to. I really liked him, though.” 

“So…What happened at the end?” 

“He found out it was just a bet, we had a fight. He told me he really liked me until I was actually part of a silly game. Things didn’t go so well and three weeks later he transferred school. “

I could tell she was really upset. Everyone just doesn’t like to bring up their pasts, right?

“It’s okay. you’ll find a better one.” I gave her a convincing smile. She nodded lightly in hesitation.

“Anyways, I think…I think I should give Austin a chance. After all we did kiss, and I kind of-“I emphasized the last two words, then continued. “Kind of liked it when he kissed me…”

“Then what are you waiting for? Go tell Austin! And forget about Tyler, at least for this moment. You can’t be having two guys in your mind at the same time; otherwise you’ll just end up hurting both guys.”

“Why is love so difficult?” I sighed, somehow agreeing on her. “But how am I going to tell him? Yesterday when Tyler told me he likes me, I cancelled the meeting with Austin right away and he sounded really upset and maybe a little bit angry, too.”

“He won’t be when he knows that he’s the one you like!” She started to get into the hyper mood, jumping ups and downs while we were still on our way to the gym.

“Alright…So I will tell Austin this afternoon and spill everything to Tyler…” I finally came to a conclusion.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Today we’ll be practicing some running,” We all groaned, frustrated, as we heard the coach yelling at us. “Be careful, the boys over there and playing football. Don’t let the balls hurt you!” He pointed at the grass football ground, where I saw Tyler being the guard.

Some girls just had too much imagination or their minds were just too dirty, they started giggling on the ‘balls’ word, making stupid dirty jokes.

“Whores,” I heard Nikki muttered, but was soon distracted by Tyler’s existence teen feet away. 

He saw me and happily waved at me, when suddenly a flying football rushed into his face. 

“Watch out!” I tried my best to yell out but by the time he realized what was going on as he turned around, the football hit him right in his face. 

He should’ve been okay, until he lost his balance and fell on the hard goal post. His body dropped on the floor without strength, a cold fear raised in my heart as I neglected my coach’s words and ran to Tyler. I heard myself gasped deeply

“Whitney Levine!” I heard the coach still screaming my name, but I was too anxious to stop.

The rest of the boys got closer to him, as well as the boys’ coach. But I couldn’t care less. I didn’t want him to get hurt, let along I would be the one hurting him. Physically or mentally, it’s just the same.

As long as I broke off the circle of boys, I reached his hand and he completely passed out, there was blood coming out, infiltrating the green grasses.

“Ty, Ty!” I started shaking his hand, hoping he would open his eyes and smile at me, tell me he’s okay. But expectation always has a big difference from reality. His face just got paler every second.

“Miss, Miss. Please leave him alone. We’ve got this!” Some dude pulled my hand, trying to drag me away. I heard the noise of ambulance coming, and finally I made a decision. 

I had to go with him to the hospital.

“Oh god, what’s going on?” I heard Austin’s sound as Tyler was being lifted up and placed into the ambulance.

“Ty…Ty got hit by…the ball,” My lips didn’t belong to me anymore, I could barely talked. “I- I’m going with…them.”

“Can you please take the two of us?” Austin’s face twisted in worry and anxiety as he asked.  The head lifesaver hesitated but nodded finally, so Austin and I jumped up in the ambulance and soon the driver started the engine.

~~~

Austin’s P.O.V

“Thank god the doctor said he’ll be fine, and the injury wasn’t very serious,” I was relieved, but at the same time kind of scared. I saw the look on her face when the accident happened. It was more than just care, something more than friendship going on between them.

“I was freaking out!” White said, her eyelashes still wet from her tears even though it’d been fifteen minutes since she stopped sobbing. 

“I’m going to register for Tyler’s temporary residence in here. Doctor Jonas told me that he’s going to stay here for at least two days,” I extended my arms, reaching for her. She hugged me back tightly, the intimacy of our bodies made my skin hair stood up.

“Okay,” I felt her tiny head moved in my chest. I let her go after seconds and walked out of the room.

Right when I was only a few steps away from Tyler’s room, I remembered that I didn’t have his identity card and I could do nothing without it. So I turned around and headed back to the room. As I placed my hand on the doorknob, about to push open the half opened door, I overheard White talking to Tyler.

“Please wake up soon? I promise you, I’ll be your girlfriend if you wake up and wrap me in your arms, and tell me you’re okay. Don’t make me worry like this, don’t scare me like this, please?” She grabbed Tyler’s hand and put it on her face. She was crying again, and her words were trembling.

Realization exploded in my head and soon a tight and sour feeling rushed in. I felt like a part of me was torn apart and fell into pieces, being stepped by a thousand foot on the ground.

Without making any noises, I carefully closed the door and walked away. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

N/A: I made my promises and updated as soon as i could! xD

please vote for me!!! Hey, Austin fans, please don't hate me! There's probably gonna be a twist ;)

oh and btw, feel free to like my page on facebook xD

50 votes?;)