Chapter Nine

Trembling.

I was trembling so hard that I could barely remember to breath. The memories of what happened four years ago flashed into my vision. What happened on the street that night, it was more horrifying than beaten up by my own biological parents…

I couldn’t believe he just appeared out of nowhere in front of me. That smirk, that one guy who stopped me from talking to any male for a whole month. That one guy I didn’t turn him in after what happened. Why is he here, what is he after?

I hoped the answer wouldn’t be that particular word: Me.

“White, White!” I felt someone shaking my shoulders roughly, but it was too dark for me to see. The touch. The hands on my shoulders…Everything just seemed so familiar. I hadn’t realized that I was curled into a ball with arms wrapping my knees, on a bench under the big oak tree.

The hands on my shoulders. 

“No! Don’t touch me!” I screamed continuously, grasping for air. I lied down rapidly and my hands and my legs started kicking into the air, hitting a hard thing, probably a face or a hand, I couldn’t tell. “Leave me alone! Please!”

“Hey, it’s me! It’s Austin!” The man grabbed my arms firmly, the warmth on his palms sending radiation into my nerves.

“Aus-tin?” I asked reluctantly, slowing down my motions. That familiar yet fresh name echoed in my brain. “Austin…”I whispered without realization. 

“Yes, it’s Austin.” He gently squeezed my arms as I slowly got up from the bench, looking at the distant, hoping to see behind the darkness. “What’s going on? Do you know that guy?” He filled in the space of the bench.

“No, I don’t know him!” I said, shaking my head vigorously. “Let him go, I’m fine.”

“What? Let him go? But after what he’s done on you?” He asked unwillingly, surprised.

“Yes, let him go. I don’t want anyone else to know what happened. It’s too embarrassing and it’s a shame,” My body had stopped trembling, but not my voice, not matter how hard I tried to steady it.

A shame, yes it was, just like four years ago.

“Okay, if you insist…” He pulled on his phone and dialed his brother, after a few conversations he hung up and placed his phone back to where it belonged. “He’s gone. Uncle Bru threatened him not to show up in front of us again or he’ll snap his head off. He’s a professional Kungfu fighter, by the way.”

“Oh really? That I couldn’t tell! I’d say he’s an operation doctor or piano musician, if you asked me…” I replied, finally relaxed a little bit realizing that guy wouldn’t, or hopefully wouldn’t, appear in my life again. 

“I guess you just can’t judge a book by its cover, huh?” He exhaled deeply, obviously just as relaxed as I was. “Do you want to tell me what happened? The thing that scared you away, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the whole pervert thing.”

Even though we were totally surrounded by the darkness, I could still feel his blazing eyes staring at me.

Asking about the least thing I would want to bring up.

“I-I am sorry, but no. Sometimes I just wish you could be more like Zac, be more…silly. I just can’t really talk about it right now...” Maybe I’m a bipolar, but I definitely learned to recover, or at least to hide my emotions in front of people. “In deed I wanna go home right now. Can you drive me home?”

“Yeah sure, steakhouse can wait, let’s go,” He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, we headed to the car park.

***********************************************

“Sorry dad, I’m just feeling kinda sick. I’m gonna skip the dinner and now Austin’s driving me back home. Have fun with the guys and probably bring me a piece of bread or something!” I dialed dad and talked to him for a seconds before I literally fell asleep in the car…

It’s been a long day, hasn’t it?

With a gentle poke on my face, I woke up from the nap and I was already home. I rubbed my eyes sheepishly and Austin got out of his car first, then walked to my side and opened the door for me. 

“Thank you,” I yawned, too sleepy to cover my mouth like my foster parents always told me to do. 

“Oh my god you have carious tooth!” Austin said, walking me to the front porch. 

“What?” Suddenly I was wide awake. I secretly blew out some air and smelled it under my palm, no bad smell.

“I was just kidding. How would a beautiful girl like you have that kind of nasty thing? I imagine when I kiss you you’re going to smell like an apple.” He uttered mischievously and soon we were on the front steps. 

“Yeah whatever,” I grinned lazily and was about to plug in the key.

Then I realized that I didn’t have a key. I only grabbed my phone before I went out…

“Crap,” I turned to Austin and tugged out my tongue, “the key is inside the house…”

“Well then I guess instead of getting blown by the strong wind outside, I suggest we stay in the car until they come back?” Austin asked and I nodded, headed back to the car.

We locked up the window, and the only thing we could hear is the running noise of the air conditioner. Everything suddenly turned unbelievably awkward, and we both turned down the position of our seats and lied down comfortably. 

Austin faked a cough before he tried to open up a conversation topic. “Don’t you feel it’s a little uh- hot?” He whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. 

No, I am not feeling hot, I thought. But instead, I chose to agree with him. “Yes, maybe you can open up the window so we can get some fresh air.”

“Okay,” He then pressed the button and windows on both side lowered, the soft wind blowing my hair as they were already messed up after the whole running-out-from-the-bathroom-and-the-restaurant-thing.

“Hey your hair, they are making my face itchy!” Austin groaned stupidly as my long hair heartlessly slapped his face.

“It’s okay, just because you don’t have hair doesn’t mean you can’t try the feeling of getting slapped by it,” I grinned, moving my head closer to his so my hair all snaked around his face.

“Who says I don’t have hair!” He defensed, pointing at his dirty blonde hair. “Feel it and tell me what this is!” He grabbed my hand and pulled it to his head.

Maybe he had pulled a little too hard. I lost my balance and, fell aside, and my upper body was completely on top of him…His breath was just inches away, I could smell lemonade…I watched him close his eyes and his head was pulling closer to mine…

******************************************

N/A: FIRST, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ON THIS STORY! i love all the votes and the comments and the readers! :D  

Second, this is a question: WILL THEY KISS?;D bahahaha this is so exciting ;P

50 votes before the next upload!?P