Chapter 48: Irene Rose

A.N CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'BABY STEPS' ON MY PROFILE

FILLER CHAPTER SOZ

LIKE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

   I went downstairs after I took a shower, the worry was still settled in the pit of my stomach as I somehow found my way to the kitchen dressed in grey sweatpants that hung low on my lips and a thin white long-sleeved shirt which had revealed the outline of my bra until I put a singlet underneath it. I took a deep breath in as pushed the doors open where I saw a couple of the maids tending to the breakfast for the day. The dining room, open kitchen and the living room were being taken over by the smell of fried meat and freshly made bread which was baking in the oven. 

   Once the maids saw me they bowed in respect and I did the same and they continued on preparing for the family's arrival. I sat on one of the seats next to the kitchen where I just observed the maids from afar as they cooked and cleaned. There were about four maids for the day, and I had yet to learn their names. They were a constant in this room and I liked to see some regularity in my day as I visited the kitchen after my time in the library.

   "Good morning Irene," they all said in their own time as they stacked some toast on a plate, I had told them to only call me by my first name as the term 'Luna' was still a touchy subject for me, and luckily they complied without any question.

    "Good morning ladies, what's for breakfast today?" I had asked them with a small smile. One of the maids looked up and gave me a small smile before responding to me.

     "Bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, milk and fruit. The males of this family like a lot of bacon in their morning and the females prefer healthier things, like fruit and milk. Of course Irene, you would have your normal eggs as you had said so," 

    "Yes, thank you for that, uh?-" I asked, trying to insinuate that I didn't know her name.

     "Oh, Winny, Irene and that's Harley, Trey and my sister Minny," she said pointing to each of the maids who busied themselves. Harley had a red pixie cut which matched her brown eyes well, Trey had long blonde hair which ended to around her waist and Minny looked liked Winny with long brown hair that ended to their shoulders and bright blue eyes. From afar they'd look like twins, but close up, you can tell the big differences.

      "Hello Winny, what time does the family come down?" I asked her as I glanced at the doorway, hoping to talk to Archer before the rest come down.

     "They were awake around an hour ago, however, I do believe Alpha Archer had called a meeting with them, something important I presume. They usually wake around now," she replied back as she cleaned the dishes. My heart sank into my stomach as my mind ran possible reasons what the meeting was the about, one, it could be about me, two, about his therapy or three, all of above. My heart rate picked up slightly and my feelings were streaming out of my pores as I quickly shut off the link between Alpha Archer and me, so he wouldn't sense my worry. However, Winny sensed it.

    "Are you alright Irene? You seem quite pale," she had asked me, worry lacing her beautiful features as she stopped her movements.

     "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a little break, I think, yeah," I breathed out before I rushed out of the room and down a random hallway until I stopped and pressed my back against the wall and tried to take deep breaths to calm my nerves down. 

    Stupid Archer, he'll make things worse

   I had told him not to interfere, but no, he didn't listen as always and decided to take matters into his own hands. He'd been leaving today, that means that he'll leave me alone with his family.   I didn't want to deal with an angry sister and judgemental parents, it'd be a battle that I would not win, verbally, not physically of course. I think I could at least take on the sister if she did want to fight me. The thought had made me laugh.

   I truly did want the family to like me as I had a family I had practically ditched a little over a month or two ago and I didn't know how they were or what they were up to. The thought of family alone had made me tear up, I really did want to contact them, but I wouldn't know what to say to them. If I contacted them, I'd want to see them and Archer would not want me going to another pack without him, even if it was my family. Would my family even forgive me for my stupidity and stubbornness? I almost got my siblings killed and my father injured, I don't even know how I'd feel if I would see them. I miss them though.

   I'd like to know if Elena was mad at me and how she and her mate was going, how tall had Johnny and Timmy grown or has Eva finally decided she'd want a mate? The thoughts were spinning in my head and I didn't even realise that two strong arms had wrapped themselves around me and a nose pressing into the nape of my neck.

     "Good morning," Archer had said, his smell overpowering me as I felt his body heat up. I felt the tingles shooting through my entire body as his body covered my own. I wrapped my thin arms around his waist and breathed in his scent as he did with mine. His presence alone had calmed my nerves as I remembered my family.

     "Morning," I said in a tone of sadness, which he instantly picked up on and tightened his arms around me.

     "What's wrong Irene?" he responded, and hearing my name had made a pool of warmth seep down into my stomach and onto my face as he rarely had said my name in the past. It was weird hearing it from him.

     "I-I, I know you talked with your family. Trust me, I'm annoyed, but  I couldn't help remember mine. I hadn't contacted them in ages, I don't know how they are and I feel terrible for leaving and not calling them. I-I don't know, it brought back memories that are all." I spoke truthfully as I buried my face into his warm neck as I pressed a light kiss there, making him shiver.

    "I know, I should've told you I was talking to my family, but I'm leaving today and I want you happy. We'll go visit your parents when I come back, you must miss them terribly. I'm s-sorry for putting this pain onto you," he murmured out, pressing a kiss to my mark and I felt pleasure crawling up my spine, the heat pooling slightly in my core.

       "It's okay, you had good intentions. I'm scared how your family will react yanno? They don't like me so much," I replied as I felt him pull me closer to his body so I could feel his heart beat.

     "I got it covered, don't worry about it," he said before retracting back and giving me a smile, his little blind eyes making me feel a little bit better as they stared at me. 

      "Thanks, Archer," I said before tippy-toeing and pressing a bold kiss to his cheek which made his smile even brighter. His little dimples showing as his face radiated pure happiness and that made me happy.

     "I love it when you say my name, but, we need to eat breakfast before I get too tempted to have it right here," he teased, which made me blush at the thought. Even though we were taking things slowly, he did tease a lot.

      "O-okay, uh, yeah, let's go," I stuttered and was given a loud chuckle in return before we walked hand in hand back to the room which I just ran away from, my worries leaving me behind as I was with my mate.

A.N HOW WAS THIS CHAPPIE? IDK 

N HOW WAS THIS CHAPPIE? IDK