Chapter 61: Irene Rose

A.N 150k?!?!?!? HOLY CHICKEN NUGGETS THANK YOU!!!

    i low-key wish i got them sponsored ads, but i love you all and i don't want your reading to be disturbed... CONTINUE READING

   I felt presumably lighter as I walked through the mansion doors with a bright smile on my face, it was already night when I left my family's home and after some delicious chicken made by Elena and her mate, I felt not only full but happier. Archer seemed to notice my happiness and was the first thing I saw as I made my way into the kitchen, he beamed at me and wrapped his large arms around me making me feel safe.

   "Did you go to meet your parents?" he assumed as he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek.

    "Yeah, and I patched things up with them, sorry if you were making dinner for us," I responded, noticing how there was a pot on the stove and two plates next to each other. I suddenly felt a little guilty.

    "No, no, it's fine. I'm not that hungry and  I'm sure the maids would like some already made dinner anyway," he brushed off with his hands still on my waist. I frowned slightly as I heard his stomach rumble out, he cutely blushed and chuckled nervously. Goddess, he was adorable at times.

   "That's a sound only hungry people make," I pointed out, placing a firm hand on his belly, feeling it slightly rumbled as I admired the feeling of his hard chest.

   "Come on let's eat," I told him, taking his hand in mine and dragging him to the kitchen where the food was still cooking.

    "No, you just ate though, you're probably full," he said moving in front of me to shield the pot which cooked the food.

    "I don't mind, besides you cooked and I want to taste it," I pouted slightly, trying to coax him into letting me taste. He probably worked hard on making us dinner, but I ate already and I felt bad if his hard work went to waste.

    "You don't have to, I don't want you to feel bloated or terrible, I'm not the best cook," he admitted embarrassingly and I chuckled and rose to my toes to plant a kiss on his cheek.

   "All the more reason to try it, you cooked for me when you know you're not the best. You tried for me and I want to try it for you," I told him softly, caressing his hand in my own and thought of the hard work he must've done to at least get the recipe close to being the real thing. I watched a smile poke at his cheeks, his eyes light and happy before turning around to check on the pot filled with food.

   "I warn you now, I can't see very well so I might've got the ingredients wrong," he informed me as he stirred the pot.

   "How did you read the recipe if you can't see?" I questioned, moving to the island that sat in the middle of all the benches.

   "Ooh, um, during today, around lunch time, my sight seemed to get better, I mean, I still can't see perfectly, but I can see black outlines of words and inanimate objects, I can't read, I got a maid to help me read it out, I'm trying to learn some things," he revealed and it took me back to when I talked to Elena about falling in love with Archer, and I felt heat rise to my cheeks, knowing that I could've triggered his sight to slightly become better. Goddess, he might know I was falling for him.

    "That's great! I'm proud of you," I beamed, trying to push back the thoughts of today's revelations and focus on the good part where he gained some sight. 

   "I'm happy that you're happy Irene, thank you for giving me a chance," he whispered as he continued to cook and I felt my heart warm up at his words, he was honestly a blessing in disguise. I felt happy knowing I gave him a chance, I'll surely fall in love with this guy, he was trying after everything we've been through.