Ch. 4

I clenched his shirt as I kept sobbing until I eventually could not cry any more. And that is when sense reached my mind.

"No! You can't just hug me and try to comfort me after dissing me and my memories, Jack! You asked me to stop dwelling in the past so we aren't Friends!" I stood up quickly and pushed him away.

"What is it you want, eh' ? Want a pal or an enemy?!" He asked.

"I just want to go back" I whispered. "No! We can't! It can't happen! Understand that!" He shouted at me.

"I know that! You've changed, Jackie! And I won't judge you because I don't know what else you've seen, but I will not stand for your shit. Where ever we arrive for resupply I will get off and no longer deal with an arse hole like you!" I shouted at him.

"Hope ya can wait a week then" he said then began to walk away.

"I don't care! As long as I don't have to deal with you anymore!" I shouted at him.

He turned around again, "That's it! You're on my ship, you'll listen to me! If I give you an order and you do not obey I will have you thrown overboard" he said pointing at me.

I stayed quiet, "Come Upstairs. That is an order!" He shouted then disappeared up the stairs. I picked up the satchel from earlier that I had dropped during the argument and slowly went up the stairs, having the wood slightly creek from under me.

When I reached the top and stepped out on deck, it was sun down.

I looked around seeing half the crew was gone.

"They're in their bunkers downstairs"

Jack came walking towards me. I nodded slightly and looked up at the crow's nest seeing a man up there, half asleep.

"Now you have a choice, again, accompany me in my quarters for the few days you have left up here before you go off on your own... Or sleep with the crew men downstairs who will most likely not let you sleep" he said.

I shuddered then just looked at him. He  cocked his eyebrow.

"Good choice" he said then offered me his hand. I just looked at his hand, seeing dirt and cuts on them.

He took his hand back and muttered something. "follow" he said and began to walk to a double door with a window in front of it.

I walked right behind him and as soon as he opened the doors my eyes explored the Room.

There was a bed up against another window, against the wall, the bedframe was like a huge box with the mattress in the middle. There was chests and a closet, a desk with several maps on it, a basket besides that filled with yet, more maps.

He walked to the biggest trunk At the foot of the bed , he pulled out a coat, and boots.

He threw the coat at me, "try it on" he simply said. The he placed the boots by my feet and walked past me to go put my satchel in the closet thing. He had snatched it off my shoulder but I didn't say anything.

I looked to my left seeing a sofa couch thing in a deepened part of the wall making it seem as it was another room but no it was part of the quarters. As I still looked around I out the coat over me and it fit perfectly.

I then tried on the boots and again they fit, a tad bigger but not so much to the point of uncomfort.

"Now get to bed" Jack said then placed a blanket on the bed.

"I'm sorry but I am NOT gonna sleep with you! Absolutely not! I rather sleep at sea!" I shouted at him taking off the coat and slipping out of the boots.

"Don't flatter yerself' I'm sleeping on the couch, you sleep on the bed, savvy?" he said taking another blanket and walked right past me.

I rolled my eyes at him "Alright. Thank you, Jack" I said approaching the bed.

He ignored me but said goodnight, turned around so that his back was turned to be and he curled in a ball.

I shook my head smiling at that and got into the bed. The soothing movement of the water below us rocked me to sleep quite fast, you'd think I'm used to it, being out at sea for 11 years but no. I think it's the best feeling in the world.

**
"Jackie, can you make me a sword?" I asked him as I watched him running around with his wooden sword he made himself with his tiny child hands.

"Okay, Mari! I'll find paint and make it pink for you" he said swinging it about. "But Jackie... I don't like pink!" I half whined and half laughed at him jumping around.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mari, okay! I know" he said stopping for a moment. "I'll carve your name! How 'bout it!?" He asked. "I'd love that, Jackie!" I shouted

He played by himself and would glance at me to make sure I was watching him.

"you're the best swordsman ever!" I cheered

**

"You're the worst bloody swordsman ever!"

I was watching jack fence with some of his crew's men and he kept stumbling and hesitating. I was leaned up against the post of the crow's nest with my arms crossed.

"Why" he hit the crew men's sword once "don't" he strikes again at the sword, "you" he spun around and went to stab him in the stomach. "try!" He looked at me , I arched my eyebrow and smirked at him knowing what that quick second of distraction meant for him.

His eyes went wide and quickly turned back but was soon on the ground with his men's sword pointing at his jugular.

I clapped slowly and sarcastically, then I began to laugh. "My god, you're better off training with a child" I said walking towards him, "is that so?" he said, taking the sword from his man, he shooed him away, his man began to walk away then Jack shoved the handle of the sword in my hand.

"Then let's start" he said looking straight in my eye.

"Do you really want to test me? I'm only a girl" I said cocking my eye brow at him.

"then ya probably shouldn't 'ave opened your face hole, eh?" He said then drew his sword in front of him.

"Can never keep it shut" I responded drawing my own sword in front of me.

"Go" he said After a quiet moment.

I spun around stepping back real quick, our swords clashing at the middle. I put the most pressure I could against his sword bringing him down to a knee, when I jumped on his knee, flipped in the air landing behind him holding the blade of the sword on his throat from my position behind him.

"You're good, love" he whispered , "you challenged me obviously not thinking. My father is El Matador Del Mar. Butcher of the Sea. You really thought his daughter was to be that vulnerable and weak?" I Responded letting him go and stand up slowly.

"Yes I did, but one more thing, love" he turned around to me, instinctively my hand caught his wrist and brought it down to my knee, the collision made him drop his sword.

"Don't get distracted" I completed his sentence. He held his now dislocated wrist and shouted how a girl broke his bones.

"And." He continued trying to make a point while wincing, quickly he grabbed the sword and swung at me but instantly my half upper body dropped back as I dodged his swing. I then slashed at his shirt. "Don't let your guard down" I finished his sentence again then he began shouting how he was being beaten by a girl and that he was brittled now.

Oh, boy.