Pasta/Game Night

Chapter 4

I burst through the doors of my office and roll my eyes at the scene. I hate this time of the year. The company decided it would be a great idea to send inexperienced college students this way for unpaid internships.

I don't mind internships but they should get paid to work. Because, when you work for me you work. I glance to my left to see my assistant Ginny speak rapidly to the four students standing near her desk. "....and lastly. Please, answer each call."

One of the girls raise her hand. She had a blonde pixie cut and she was wearing round glasses with a stylish blouse and blue trousers. I duly note her attempt to blend in. The others however were typical. I pull off my shades. Disappointment. I also note that Austin is missing.

"Yes." Ginny signals the blonde pixie cut to speak.

"What is Miranda coffee and breakfast order?" She questions. "I'll like to have that prepared for her tomorrow morning."

I round the furniture and head toward the double clear doors that display my personal office. I pull the doors open and take a seat. Ginny and the others parade behind me in the office. I grab the binder full of notes and my personal tasks of the day. I huff annoyed. My plans did not go as plan yesterday. I was hoping by now Sam and I would be back together. Yes. I admit. Poor choices put me in this situation. But, dammit. I'm reckless and selfish and stubborn. She knows that.

But. I was a Grayson and I get what I want.

I want Sam back.

I grab my phone and unlock the phone. I could hear faint voices but I wasn't paying attention. I haven't had my coffee yet and my thoughts were spiraling towards Sam. I pull up her contact and chew on my lip debating if I wanted to call her. She should be switching class in a few minutes.

I asked Nathalie for her school schedule and she refused. I roll my eyes. She told me it was wrong and that I need to respect Sam boundaries. I wonder how I birthed such an honest daughter. So, I called Rose. She hastily handed over her information.

A boiling cup of coffee is placed in front of me. The smell hits my nose intensively and I lock my phone looking up. Then, there is a plate of a steaming omelet. I look up and there is Austin standing. He's wearing a dark burgundy blazer, and fitted dark black jeans, with a pair of black shoes. I arch my eyebrow and his hair is cut shorter and that ridiculous bang is gone.

I carefully pick up the steaming mug and wrap my red painted lips on the rem and take a sip. He gives the pixie cut girl a wicked smirk and she gasp angrily his way. I lean back in interest. I then begin to bark orders at everyone. The entire staff and interns begin to move quickly doing as their told.

By mid-day, I'm leaving the office. I have to go and speak personally to a client about the latest scoop. Ginny is seating in her chair and waving her hand in happiness. I put on my shades and step into the elevator. Ginny was a cheery assistant but Sam liked her. She claimed she was the most normal of all of my assistants and she was nice to talk to.

So, I didn't fire her.

[][]

After the meeting I'm annoyed and furious. I hate when my time is wasted. I pull out my phone and send a quick text, "Meet me at my place. Half an hour." I press send and tap my feet impatiently while staring at the screen. The bubbles, notify she's texting back. I smirk. They then stop. I get a call instead.

"Is this a booty call?" Sam whispers into the phone.

"Yes." I reply into the phone. I pull out my mirror and look at myself. "Whatever you wish to call it, darling." I place the phone on my lap while putting her on speaker.