Lessons

Sam:

It was another early Saturday morning and these days usually consist of me laying in bed all day and waking up during the late evening. However, I wasn't in control of my mornings anymore. I pull the pillow over my head and try to ignore the banging on my room door. "Fuck." I scream into the pillow. I hurry to the door and swing it open.

"You're not ready?" Nathalie asks in shock. "What are you doing?" She pushes me toward my bathroom. I yawn in my hand and Nathalie turn on the water to the shower. "Hurry up." She orders before slamming the door behind me.

"Good morning to you too." I reply annoyed. I hurry and get into the shower, but I take my time and take advantage of the hot water on my skin. When I finally exit the water, I hurry and dress before making my way down the hall.

"Mom!" I can hear Nathalie voice. "If Sam is not ready in two minutes I'm going to strangle her myself."

"Mommy mommy." Piper smiles. "Can I have a dog? Pleaseeeee."

I walk into the kitchen and I can see Miranda massaging her temples with her fingers. I cannot help the smile on my face and the instant change in my mood. This is what Miranda do to me. She finally takes me in and it's like Nathalie and Piper don't matter.

"Good morning, Ms. Madison. You're running late per usual." Her intense eyes travel from my feet and up my body slowly before landing on my face. I can't help the smirk that's plastered on my face. When she called me Ms. Madison it made my bones tingle. Her outfit didn't help my hormones either. Standing there in a fancy pair of stripe high waisted pants, a teasing white shirt, and dangling gold jewelry. Her hair was freshly chopped again, and she finished it off with a pair of reading glasses. I swallow, and she cocks her head to the side and mutter, "My eyes are up here Ms. Madison."

I blink a few times and Nathalie make a disgusting gag noise and Piper ignores us because she was confused as to why her mother wasn't paying attention to her anymore. She jumps off the stool and runs toward me. I pull her in a hug and up into my arms. She was wearing a sleeveless floral blue dress. "Can I have a dog?" She asks her eyes becoming big and wide.

I place her on her two feet and Miranda arches her eyebrow, "She's not your mother, sweetheart. Besides you cannot have a dog."

Piper pushes out her lip and folds her arms around herself. "Hey. Fix your face." I tell her. She doesn't listen to me but makes her way into the living room. I chuckle and run my fingers through my hair. "She's something else." I joke trying my best to avoid looking at Miranda ass.

"We need to go." Nathalie breaks up our conversation. I sigh to myself. I loved Nathalie with all my heart, but I couldn't wait till she was completely married and off on a plane with Rose for their honeymoon.

We all hurry to the car and the driver speeds off towards the ballroom downtown. Nathalie and Rose agreed to no bachelorette parties and instead Rose father had invited us to his home for brunch. Nathalie has been on edge for the past week because she was nervous, and no one liked Rose father. Not even Rose.

However, Miranda stated that it would be rude and tacky not to accept the invitation. I could feel Nathalie leg shaking next to mine. I take her hand and squeeze it. "Everything is going to be fine," I tell her. "Rose loves you. No matter what her family has to say. Rose love for you is all that matters."

Nathalie inhales and exhales slowly.

Miranda watches me for most of the ride and I smile to myself because she thinks I haven't noticed. I was wearing an off shoulder strap, tea-length navy blue satin dress. It was elegant but teasing. I catch Miranda and give her a playful wink. She rolls her eyes and looks away from me.