Glitter, Paint, & Inspirational Art

Chapter 22

Sam

I stretch my body lazily and roll over before pulling the beautiful woman in my arms. I peek my eye open and the flashing red light blink 8:00 am, I shut my eyes for another second before placing soft kisses on Miranda's shoulder. She wiggles and turns so her lips are facing mine. I smile widely and lean forward to kiss her lips softly. Her dark hair is tossed wildly everywhere but she still looks beautiful. She kisses me back in a sleepy manner. "Hmm." She whispers. "How are you feeling, Ms. Graduate?"

My body tingles with excitement. It's been two weeks since Nathalie got married and yesterday was another important day. We all graduated. It wasn't as exciting as Nathalie ceremony party but it was mind-blowing to be able to throw your creative caps to the ceiling and scream and shout.

"I'm happy." I kiss her again my hands boldly disappearing between the sheets. With all the planning, parties, and family events of late. Miranda and I didn't really have time for each other because either someone needed her attention or someone was asking for mine. Miranda gasp and finally I get her beautiful mocha brown eyes open. She chews on her bottom lip and I lean forward to place kisses on her neck. She moans and my hands trail down her stomach and beneath her silk panties. She moves her hips forward but the door is pushed open and I move so quickly that I almost fall off the bed.

Piper rushes forward as quick as her legs can take her and climbs into the bed. "Mom." She calls. Miranda blink her eyes rapidly and finally, she lifts up. She runs her fingers through her wild hair and clears her throat before finally speaking again. "Piper. What did we say about knocking?"

Piper turns red for a second. "I'm sorry mom. I forgot." She pauses. "But, it's a special day remember. Could I please get a pass?"

Miranda scowls for a few more seconds before her face breaks out into a beautiful smile. She pulls Piper up into her arms and snuggles her closer. "Of course." She gives Piper kisses all over her face and Piper wiggles in her arms. I lean away and watch them as Piper tries to dodge all her mom kisses. "Happy Birthday Piper."

"Mom." Piper screams. "Too many kisses."

Miranda pulls back and looks offended. I laugh when she turns and looks at me with a shocking gasp. "She hates my kiss attacks already. She's not even a teenager yet."

Piper wiggles from underneath Miranda and then bounces on top of her before attacking Miranda face with kisses. I laugh at the two. Finally, Piper exhaust herself out and collapse on the end of the bed. There is silence for three seconds before Piper is lifting up again. I'm envious of her energy. She's rebooted in three seconds. Three seconds! Miranda is moving out the bed and heading to the bathroom. I lay in bed and listen to their conversation.

"I only want one present for my birthday, today." Piper says.

I can hear Miranda brushing her teeth in the distance. I can picture Piper jumping up and down in excitement. "Do you want to hear what it is?" She questions.

"Of course, sweetheart." Miranda replies even though we both know what Piper wants. She's been begging for it for months.

"I want a puppy." Piper screams.

The both of them come out the bathroom and Miranda moves around the room with Piper attach to her hip. Wherever Miranda moves, Piper is not far from behind her. "We talked about this sweetheart. No pets until you're older."

"But, I am older." Piper replies dramatically. "You never said how much older."

I snort as Miranda look down at Piper amused. "You're right." Miranda replies. "But, no pets until you're older and until we're in a bigger place. Taking care of a puppy is not easy, baby. We're not home enough to be good parents. We need to be able to give the puppy as much attention as it deserves."