🎵

Melody's POV

The cure for the Sonata wasn't a big deal for me. I thought it would mean the world to me but something was holding that thought back. It was the thought of knowing that Kurapika's job wasn't done. If he'd chosen the Sonata that meant that his eyes were still out there and his job was not finished. I could care less about the Sonata at this point. I pretty much gave up on any hope of ever retrieving a solution. I had to make sure he got the eyes back. He could never rest until they were part of his collection.

"Do you plan on getting the eyes as well anytime soon?" I ask out of curiosity. I've been dying to know and I just couldn't take it any longer.

"Of course I plan on getting the eyes back but they're not my main priority right now," he replies calmly. Since when were the eyes not his main priority? Normally his heartbeat would increase with anger whenever the eyes would be mentioned and it wouldn't calm down easily. What in the world could be more important than his eyes? Those were the only thing that seemed to keep him fighting so what has changed that?

"Oh," I replied not knowing what else to say. I wanted to know what was more important to him than the eyes but I didn't dare to ask.

"Did you want to know what the cure for the sonata was?" he asked snapping me out of my thoughts like usual. I honestly doubted that the "cure" he told Kurapika was legit. If he knew a cure and was so willing to tell Kurapika about it why haven't I heard of it before? It sounded as if you could just look the cure up online and find an answer immediately. If the Sonata was as hard as it was for me to find you'd think that Chrollo would've kept it a secret.

"Sure," I reply realizing that I'd left him on hold. I couldn't let him know that I was barely paying attention to him right now. I mean, of course I cared about the sonata. It used to be the only thing I cared about but after meeting Kurapika I've changed. I think less about myself and more for that sake of him.

"The only way to destroy the sonata once and for all is bathing the pieces in the blood of someone who was affected by the sonata," he replied almost like a record. He must've memorized it word by word from Chrollo.

"I see," I replied. The solution made sense and it's not something the average human would think of as a cure.

"Would you like to try it out? We could take the subway back to your house if you want," Kurapika said happily. I wouldn't mind having company during this endeavor but I don't know how he'd react if the cure Chrollo gave him failed. I was about 99% sure that nothing would happen so I had none of my hope up for this "cure." Kurapika, on the other hand, put all of his eggs into this basket and was hoping that it would work.

"Sure. we can head there as soon as you finish your drink," I replied with a fake smile. I'd much rather try our the "cure" on my own time but I doubted that I'd be able to shake Kurapika off. He gave up his eyes for this so I guess it would only be right to have him along for the ride. I sighed and looked down at my feet as a waiter came to give us our check.

We got up to leave as I felt a pit in my stomach. I haven't felt anything like it in a while but I think it was anxiety. I didn't care if I turned back to normal or not but I just wanted it to work for the sake of Kurapika. He needed this more than I did.