Kurapika's POV

"Do you plan on getting the eyes as well anytime soon?" Melody asked catching me off guard. I didn't really think of getting the eyes back anytime soon but now that she mentioned it I guess that's what I came here to do in the first place.

"Of course I plan on getting the eyes back but they're not my main priority right now," I replied telling the truth. Sure the eyes were important to me but all I really cared about, for the time being, was her. I wanted to see Melody smile and I doubted that the eyes would do that for her so I chose the Sonata for her instead.

"Oh," she replied a bit shocked. I wondered if she knew what was going through my mind. I mean I wouldn't mind if she knew how much I cared. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever cared about anyone before. I mean I cared about Gon, Killua, and I guess Leorio but something was different.

"Did you want to know what the cure for the sonata was?" I asked trying to change the topic of conversation. I didn't need her asking more questions that I didn't know how to answer. She always seems to catch me off guard and I'm not too sure how to handle it.

"Sure," she said with a smile. That's what I wanted to see, her smile.

"The only way to destroy the sonata once and for all is bathing the pieces in the blood of someone who was affected by the sonata," I told her trying my best to repeat what Chrollo had told me. If I'd gotten any of his words wrong the solution could go wrong and that's the last thing I wanted.

"I see," She replied taking a piece of the bread on the table.

"Would you like to try it out? We could take the subway back to your house if you want," I asked hoping she'd agree to me inviting myself over.

"Sure. we can head there as soon as you finish your drink," She replied and everything after that seemed to become a blur. Why was I thinking the way I was. Since when has anything come before my brethren? I thought that the eyes were the only thing that mattered. They were the point of my existence so why was melody's life becoming my priority?

I remember when I was fearless. The only thing I cared about was that my rage would fade over time but now the only thing that I cared about was Melody. What have I become and why do I feel this way?