Past, Present, Forever

So they are 16-17 ish in the past and late twenties in their present.

  💔  

Taehyung meets his past lover, Jungkook, in the mall with his present boyfriend, they're holding onto each other that made Taehyung's heart hurt. He turns away with a bitter smile on his lips and a tear rolling down his cheek.

Years later, Jungkook meets Taehyung alone in a café and instantly recognizes him. "Taehyung?" Jungkook greets. Taehyung smiles, pain visibly present. "Hello, Jungkook."

"How have you been?"

"I've been better." Taehyung chuckles trying to mask the love he's been trying to throw away for so long. But everytime he closes his eyes, Jungkook's there, and everytime he sees Jungkook, all feelings return. "How are you and Yugyeom?"

Jungkook sighs, "We had a divorce two years ago." He sits himself down in front of Taehyung, keeping a distance. Taehyung replies softly, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's alright. We realized it just wasn't meant to be." They went silent for a while, Jungkook glances to Taehyung and back on his coffee again, until he speaks his mind. "How about you? Have you– um..." Taehyung shakes his head and chuckles, "I've never been in a relationship after we broke up."

"Why–"

"You made me scared to love again. And I think I'm going to be stuck loving you forever."