BACK AND FORTH

"So you're telling me she writes a diary?" Archit queried with surprise.

"Yep."

"You mean like a personal diary?"

"Uh huh."

"And you have developed all this attachment and care for her after just...reading her diary? Which is a very immoral thing to do by the way. When do you plan on admitting your sin?"

Vedant ran his hand through his hair roughly as he sighed;

"Some time when I know she understands what I feel for her."

Archit raised his brows quizzically,

"Right. And what do you feel for her?"

"I really like her Archit."

"You've said that about so many girls before; all of whom you eventually friendzoned so please be specific."

Vedant rolled his eyes, as he replied with a straight face, "I like her enough to want to go out with her. I mean, I'm not sure if I want to date her, it's too soon to decide that. But I want to hang out with her you know? Spend some time together and basically...just get to know her better."

"Dear God."

"What?"

"All this happens in movies. Are you sure?"

"I spent one week at the Babulnath bus stop hoping to find her. I've done nothing but read her diary for two weeks and I've thought of nothing else but how to find her in the past month." Vedant admitted, almost shocked to hear things he knew deep down inside coming up to his lips.

Archit looked remarkably shaken.

But then gathered his thoughts eventually, and uttered rather slowly,

"Well then my friend, we've got to be very careful."

"What do you mean?"

"Reading someone's diary and meeting them in person are two very different things Vedant. You have to understand that you've read her diary. But to her you're a stranger. Don't force your feelings on her okay?"

Vedant gulped nervously; realizing there were so many angles about meeting Meera he hadn't analysed.

But he knew one thing; he was ready to give it a shot anyway.

****************************

After a month's long wait and crazily searching for Meera, Vedant FINALLY meets her in person. He's nervous and excited; all set to prove to her just how much he cares.

But right when he thinks Meera's taught him enough, he realizes there's so much more he's yet to learn. The biggest lesson of all time?

Falling in love with someone's diary entries is very different from falling in love with the person who wrote them.