~four~

"Shit!"

Vedant looked up from the floor and his gaze shifted at the end of the hall towards the little coffee machine. Before that, stood a very familiar girl, furiously running her hands over the paper cups.

She cleared the technical interview too. He smirked.

Vedant observed her for a good five minutes, as she rummaged through all the contents on the table in search of something. Considering the coffee she'd spilled along the table cloth he assumed she was looking for the tissue papers; which was kept right next to her. A little away from her line of sight.

He turned back to see four other candidates before him, drumming their hands along their resumes nervously. Considering that, he walked up towards her.

"I think they're there."

Those unmistakably round eyes snapped towards him with shock and followed his gaze towards the tissue paper box.

A small smile made its way onto Meera's lips and she posed, "Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled back, watching her failed attempts at cleaning the coffee spill on the table.

"If I were you, I'd just leave that mess inconspicuously."

She bit her lip casually and for some reason unknown to him, Vedant found that rather distracting, "You think I could?"she asked.

"It's pretty easy. You simply have to walk back to your seat."

Meera let out a nervous laugh and fell into step with Vedant.

"I saw you that day. The day of the HR interview." Meera started suddenly, taking Vedant by complete surprise. He had not, even in his wildest dreams thought that she'd admit it out loud. Especially after how abruptly she left from their da...urgh whatever it was.

"Yeah." He offered softly, "Me too."

"Well, why didn't you say hi?"

"I would. But then I got called for my interview and when I came out you'd been called in and..."

"Oh God Vedant." She chuckled, "I was just joking. Chill."

So today she's anything but shy around me.

Either she's finally getting comfortable because she's convinced of my genuineness.

Or I don't have an effect on her anymore.

I NEED TO FIND ARCHIT.

"Oh. Sorry. I just didn't take you for the joking kind."

She turned to him at that, her brows raised but expressions strongly guarded; making it impossible for Vedant to read her thoughts.

"Why?"

Shoot.

"Um...you were just...quite...quite serious on our first da-" he stopped. Heat rushed to his face and gone was his ability to think.

Shit.

She'll never talk to me again.

"Vedant Shah?" He heard a voice call.

Perfect timing!

How will I concentrate on the interview?

Urgh.

"Yes?" he replied meekly.

"You have to go inside in five minutes. Please be ready."

Have you left me a choice?

"Yes Sir."

He looked at Meera, trying to gauge her reaction. But she simply looked back at him, not giving out a single emotion.

Meera continued standing next to him for those five minutes, neither of the two spoke.

And then, just when he adjusted his shirt nervously; trying to shut out the thoughts of Meera for his interview she offered,

"All the best."

"Thank you." He grinned, his shoulders slumping with relief.

She only offered a small smile. But Vedant wouldn't let himself get greedy. At least she smiled even after his stupid mess up.

"Welcome Vedant." A man in his forties with a powerful voice and a formal smile greeted him when he entered the room.

"Good Morning." He forced a smile, mentally preparing himself to get grilled in this interview.

" He forced a smile, mentally preparing himself to get grilled in this interview