~nine~

A/N: 

@jily25 has designed a cover for me. And I'm adding that here. 

Thank you for the cover and all your support! :)

*****************

"What are you doing?"

Meera didn't reply, her head still reeling with thoughts of Vedant.

"Meera I'm talking to you-"

"-AND I'M NOT, RISHI."

Rishi almost stumbled back, that's how shocked he looked. His anger gave way to concern as he took a step near her, gently placing his palm on her shoulder,

"Are you okay?"

"Rishi please." She sighed deeply, "Leave me alone."

"Meera I'm worried about y-"

"-you don't have to be! Just leave me alone."

Rishi gave up, his heart sinking, as he exited the room without a word. Meera gulped, counting to ten to stop the warm tears she could feel ready to spill from falling.

This was a new development, Rishi trying to be nice to her and asking her about her day.

She didn't understand all these changes.

Guys say girls are unpredictable right? Then why were two guys in her life who earlier wanted to have nothing to do with her being so nice to her?

Why couldn't they just be normal?

Pulling her hair into a pony tail she willed herself to focus on the task at hand. There were so many IPCC books, all of which she'd just stuffed into a corner on the last day of the exam. It seemed like an impossible task for her to find her IT book.

"H...how do you know my name?"

"...your bag had your IT book!" she recalled Vedant saying.

"Oh. I must've written my name in it."

She searched and searched. After a good forty five minutes, she finally found the book she was looking for.

Meera didn't know why, but her heart beat furiously at the mere sight of the book.

She didn't know why she was not able to act like a normal girl for once and just let herself believe that Vedant was being genuine. That maybe, just maybe, he'd started liking her in recent times. That by being so nice to her he was just trying to know her more.

She'd crushed on this guy long enough.

Him treating her the way he was; only made matters more convenient for her.

Why then couldn't she get herself to let her guards down?

If my doubts are wrong, I'm going to try to give him a chance.

She opened the IT textbook.

A chill ran down her spine and her heartbeat quickened.

No name.

She'd never written her name on her IT book.

Her backpack didn't have her wallet or any other sort of identity.

But he knew her name. And he'd recognized her by her registration number. There was no way for him to know her registration number unless...

He read my diary.