~two~

Coffee shops are the biggest clichés in the world, said none other than, the great Vedant Shah.

But then what was he doing?

Zooming his scooty through the oh so famous Mumbai traffic towards 'Café Coffee Day'! Heck his entire life had become a cliché in only a month's time.

No seriously.

How many people write diaries anymore?

How many people mix their bags with strangers?

And how many end up liking the person who wrote them, this crazily?

Urgh.

He cursed internally as he watched a yellow coloured Beetle slow down towards the signal.

And he watched with irritation as the green light turned red.

Damn it!

He pulled his phone out to check for any messages or missed calls. Who was he kidding? This was Meera he was talking about. She barely even looked him in the eye, calling him on her own accord was nearly impossible.

Should I call her and let her know I'm running a little late?

But then itself, as though answering his worries, the signal turned yellow and then green again.

He sped off on his scooty as he tried to think of the various questions she could possibly ask him.

The question is; will she even try to make conversation?

He sighed with relief when he spotted the familiar logo of CCD. Parking his scooty, he slid the keys into his er, her backpack and walked into the café.

Vedant's eyes scanned the whole place, and found his heart falling with every unknown face he registered. He groaned.

Who invites a girl for coffee and himself turns up half an hour late?

A jerk like ME of course!

Right when he concluded Meera had left, his phone rang and her name flashed on the screen.

She's calling me? Out of her own free will?

Wow.

"I'm sitting upstairs." She informed softly even before he could speak a 'hello' into the phone.

"Okay." He replied hesitantly making his way for the staircase.

Of course! The staircase! How could I have forgotten about the second floor?

Jumping two steps at a time he reached the second floor and almost instantly found Meera's table. She'd been looking at the stairs expectantly and it almost made him guilty for keeping her waiting. Almost guilty.

If Vedant had understood Meera even the slightest bit, he knew she wasn't the kind to express anything openly. So the fact that she was here today, on time and waiting for him this eagerly was in itself an insight into the fact that she too wanted to meet him.

Or she desperately wants her bag back.

He flashed her what he would like to think his best smile; though for a guy like him who'd not so much as noticed his own face all his life it was difficult to decide what his 'best smile' looked like. The blush that crept onto her face as she smiled shyly indicated his smile was good enough.

"Meera I'm so sorry I'm late." He began as he pulled the chair opposite hers.

"Traffic?" she questioned gently.