~twenty~

A/N:

How many of you guys will be okay with this being the end of 'BACK AND FORTH'?

**************************

"Meera-"

"-don't ask any more questions. Why can't you just be a sport sometimes?" Meera complained, propped behind Vedant on his scooty.

Vedant sighed, stopping at a red signal and narrowing his eyes at her through the mirror.

Something was deeply unsettling about her today. For instance, she looked extremely excited and hadn't even gone home to change out of her office clothes. It was just seventy thirty, which meant she'd come with him straight after office.

What could have been so urgent?

"Because you always plan things. And when you don't, it's scary." He explained, referring to the sudden call she'd given him with wanting to meet 'urgently'.

In the month after the results, Meera had presented herself in the interviews of all the seven firms Vedant had helped her apply for. Eventually, she joined one of the firms that was conveniently close to her place and paid a decent stipend.

Vedant helped her make the final call of course. After all, this was all because of his help.

He on the other hand had resumed his preparation for the next IPCC attempt in May with complete zeal and zest. Somehow, through calls, messages and coffee meets, they'd managed to stay in touch; and perhaps grown even closer.

"Whatever. You just focus on the road." She replied quickly.

"At least tell me where we're going Meera!"

"Kala Ghoda. I told you."

"Yeah but where in Kala Ghoda?" he argued, now impatient to know what was up.

From the rear view mirror, he watched her grin his favourite smile. "Barbeque Grill."

Vedant almost hit the silver Chevrolet before them with his scooty out of sheer shock.

"What?"

"Just drive. I'll explain everything there." She gestured, giving him a light nudge on his back.

"Meera that restaurant is filthy expensive-"

"-and one of your favourites." She cut confidently. "You've mentioned that restaurant so many times Vedant. Don't you think it's about time we actually go there?"

"I...I don't have that kind of money with me right now." He admitted softly. She shook her head with disagreement.

"You're not paying today."

Enough.

Why is she being so vague and mysterious today?

With this thought, he took a steep turn to the left and parked the scooty near a footpath.

"What?" he questioned after getting off of the scooty.

Now that he'd removed his helmet and Meera could look into his eyes, she felt alarmed as to how curious he looked. He blinked at her with severity, demanding an explanation.

She sighed, "Do you realize what the date is today?"

"Um, first of April?"

Meera smiled, "Yes. So what day is it?"

"I don't know. April Fools' Day?" Was she going to let me eat to my heart's content and then leave me there to do the dishes?

God that sounds cruel.