⊲|Chapter:49'BUT JUST THIS LAST TIME?'|⊳

***This chapter is dedicated to @MahakBhatewara. This girl has been around from the start. Thanks for your support. ❤️ ***

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT

|🌀|CHAPTER:49|🌀|

Carter and I were walking, hand in hand when we heard a bullet shooting. Before I could even blink, Carter's ear piercing scream rang in my ears. His hand's grip loosened on mine as his body crashed on the ground.

"Carter!" I crouched down beside him witnessing the pool of blood the had left his body. "Carter!" I kept shouting but Carter was not replying. He was gone. "Carter! Wake up! Carter!"

Then I heard Richard laughing. The sound I hated the most. The only man that I wanted to die, my Dad. He appeared wearing a horrific mask, as he kept laughing. His mocking laughter was joined by Victoria's who came wearing a mask too. A more horrific one.

The banging on the door woke me up from my sleep. My eyes shot opened while I squeezed the life out of Carter's chest, making him wince in pain. Carter's eyes were barely open, whispering, "ow! What the fuck?!"

Carter's face had a frown etched on it but it changed into a worried expression as he took in my frame. My breathing was rugged and tears were rolling down my cheeks, unstoppable sobs leaving my mouth.

"Sparkle, what's-" before Carter could complete his sentence, I hugged him tightly, reminding myself that it was just a dream and that Carter was still safe. With me, beside me, with my body wrapped in his protective arms.

"It was just a dream, Sophie. Calm down." Carter pulled my head up, wiping the tears off my face. "What did you see? A joker?" It was obvious he was trying to make me forget about it. The worry his eyes held and the failed attempt of a chuckle that he made gave his attempts of joking away.

I tried to laugh at his joke, letting him know it wasn't bad. That it wasn't heart-shattering. That is wasn't life-snatching. That it was nothing serious. That it was nothing he should be worried about.

The bang on the door sounded again, making me snap my eyes to it again when I remembered I had locked it last night. My eyes went wide studying the situation, my body springing up the bed in an instinct. Carter shouldn't be here. He couldn't be here. He mustn't be here. "Carter, go. Hurry up! Leave! You can't be here. Go!"

"Okay, okay, woman. I'll leave," Carter's hands searched for his T-shirt that he had worn last night as he pulled it on in a hurry. With his shoes in his hands, he kissed my cheek briefly, before climbing off my window.

I rubbed my eyes, while I went to open the door, giving an impression that I just woke up. Rebecca stood there, making me take out a sigh of relief. She peeked inside, amusement lining her features. "I see, you kicked the poor boy out." Her voice was loud which would've let the monsters know about Carter's presence.

"Shh, Rebecca!" I whispered bringing her inside my room as I closed it behind us. "How did you know?" I asked, unable to figure out how she knew about him being here.

"Did you really think you could hide it from me, Sophie?" Rebecca smirked but I couldn't keep the act anymore. My eyes pooled again as I stared at the carpet on the floor, sniffing.

"Why are they doing this to me Rebecca? Why?!" I sniffed again, feeling her rubbing my arms soothingly. "What have I ever done to them? I wish they never came back! I wish I was not their daughter!" I cried in her arms questioning her about things she had no idea how to answer. "Rebecca, I love him. And Richard-he-he..." I couldn't repeat what he had said earlier.