Chapter 2: Elemental Academy

"Miss we're here. Wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that the car stopped and the driver was trying to wake me up. I rubbed my eyes to remove the sleep.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"We've reached the Elemental Academy." He said. I looked out the window only for my breath to be taken away.

OMG!!! Is this a castle or what?! It's so beautiful! And huge! I stepped out of the car and gazed at the beautiful castle which was where I'll get to know my powers, master them and attain knowledge. Also this is gonna be my home for the rest of the years to come by.

"Miss, it's quite late already. You need to go meet the principle, get your room key, your class schedule and also your uniform. So we should hurry up." The driver said holding my luggage in air. I followed after him to the principal's office.

We walked for awhile before Chet (I finally got to know his name) knocked on a big door. We heard a soft 'come in' and entered.

There I saw a lady, probably in her mid fifties, siting behind a wooden desk. She had silvery grey hair up in a tight bun with rimless glasses perched up on her nose. She smiled softly. I returned it.

"Hello, dear. You must be Melanie Grace, am I right?" She asked.

"Yes. That's me. It's a pleasure meeting you ma'am." I said.

"Oh don't need to be so formal, my child. Think of me as your substitute mother as long as you're here." She said. I nodded.

"Thank you Chet. You may leave now. Please go and rest for tonight. You need to go and pick someone else up tomorrow." She said and Chet bowed before leaving.

"Please take a seat, dear." She ushered and I sat down across her.

"Let me introduce myself first. I'm Josie Withersfield. You can call me Mrs. Withersfield or even Mrs. Josie I'm the headmaster of this Academy. I have the mind controlling power. I can control what people are thinking or doing and even talk to them telepathically. I can even create scenarios in people's minds which they will think is real. Also if you have any problem, don't be afraid to approach me, okay?" I nodded.

"Now why don't you tell me a little about yourself?" She asked.

"Well....I'm Melanie Grace, I'm 17 years old. My parents came to this Academy too. My mom is an earth element user and my dad, an air element user. I don't have any siblings, I'm an only child." I said. She nodded.

"So what element or power do you exactly want Melanie?" She asked.

"I mostly want to acquire the air element like my father but I wouldn't mind the earth element either." I said.

"Any specific reasons?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Okay. I guess that's enough for today. Here's your room key and a map of the academy. As we don't know your power yet we have given you a temporary room. We might change it afterwards if you want. And also tomorrow you and other freshmen will be having your orientation and you'll will also get to know what power you'll have." She said and handed me a key and a map.

I got up and left her office after telling her goodbye. Room 316. It's got to be on the third floor for sure. I walked to the elevator and pressed the number 3. I waited for it to reach my floor.

I then started my search for my room. 309, 310, 312, 313, 314, 315 and finally 316! I opened my room and went in. It looked like a room for two or three.

I was too tired to see around and just went into the bedroom and laid down on the bed. I found my luggage already in the bedroom. I'll unpack tomorrow. With that said I started to shut my eyes and soon fell asleep but not before setting an alarm on my phone for 7 am.

Next morning

Ring ring ring ring......

I got up slowly and shut my alarm. I rubbed my eyes groggily. That's when I noticed how amazing my room looked. I stared with wide eyes.

Wow! I walked to what I think was the bathroom and I was right

Wow! I walked to what I think was the bathroom and I was right. The bathroom was nice too.

 The bathroom was nice too

I checked the time. 7 am. I have one more hour left till the orientation. I had a quick shower and then went out only in my towel. I opened another door to find an empty closet.

I found my uniform in it and quickly put it on

I found my uniform in it and quickly put it on. Damn. I look hot. It really suited me.

I paired it with black keen length socks and brown shoes

I paired it with black keen length socks and brown shoes. I tied my hair in a ponytail and wore stud earrings. I started setting my luggage everywhere. I was done in about half an hour, having 15 minutes left before the orientation.

I went out of my room to find another girl sitting on the couch drinking tea.

She looked up at me when I entered and her eyes went wide. That's when I remembered that I hadn't covered my head. But that was the last thing on my mind. Because that girl in front of me had hair just like me. Only dark blue in colour with light blue streaks.