Chapter 3: Back To Mystic Falls

Britlyn's POV*

      I pulled up to the Mystic Grill in my  Red 1969 Camaro Convertible

I got it right when it came out because I remember Damon always talking about how far cars could go. He always loved the color blue, but in my eyes, red was one of the best for cars.

Being here, in Mystic Falls, was so nostalgic for me. So many sad and happy memories here. It's my home and I've barely survived without it. I've moved around from Chicago, to New Orleans, to Los Angeles, to New York.

I've been everywhere, but I've been no where all at the same time.

Mentally, I've always been here in Mystic Falls. Every time that I close my eyes, I see my two baby brothers, lying there in the cold night, silently bleeding out.

I never could stop the thought of it being my fault. If I hadn't killed myself, I could have stopped them. If I had gotten there just a millisecond sooner, something else could have happened.

Entering the Mystic Grill was somewhat weird to me, it was new and seemed like a place where alcoholics and problematic teens go to hang out. Little did I know, I would be one hundred percent correct.

"I'll have a bourbon, Matt." I heard a husky male voice in the background.

A man with light brown hair and a scruffy beard sat alone, drinking away his sorrows.

Roughly seven feet over, is a group of teens, drinking Cokes and binging on French fries, all happily blissful.

That's what I had wished I could have been. What I could have done.

But being alone in the world, being a vampire, or for better categorization, a vampire-witch hybrid, you learn that love isn't forever, friends eventually turn their backs, and family won't always be there.

I waltzed over to the bar and order and gin and tonic. If I'm going to stay in this town for a while, I don't want to start it off by looking like a hard drinker with bigger issues than getting a job.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this? You give me LA vibes." A dark haired boy walked over to me.

"I used to live here, figured I'd come back. What's a young boy doing in a place like this? Does your mother know what you've been doing?" I smirked, and took a big sip of my drink before setting it down.

"Listen, I don't know what game you're playing, but I don't like it. Go back to being the lonely whore at the bar." He sneered, and walked back of to his friends.