Chapter 8: Catacombs

Do you know what it's like to be trapped in your own brain? To feel as though you were churning away with every thought, breath, or dream?

     Every time I tried to open my eyes, I was thrown back into a world of darkness and hurt. No person should ever find themselves a place in this treacherous pit known as the catacombs.

     Whoever had been the chosen one would be haunted until they found the cure to the dark side. Normally found in witch-vampire hybrids which only arrived once every never. The ancestors created the catacombs as a way to trap Britlyn inside of herself and lock her away to maintain the balance in the world.

     Vampires, Werewolves, Witches were all apart of the world. But hybrids and tribrids were to not be found because they broke the balance and allowed the world to be tarnished by their name.

     The Catacombs: A dark an mysterious place filled with haunting and evil spirits waiting to torture anyone who enters their chambers. Filled with flames of fire, pain, and gut wrenching horror, it was sure to take the breath away of anyone who may arrive. The only people to be sent there were hybrids, and only by a strong and powerful source may they be sent down to the catacombs. First, the hauntings shall slowly creep upon the individual, then any time they unofficially die, they will be brought down and given a glimpse of what life is like when you're being punished. After that, they slowly try to deteriorate the mind of the individual, inflicting pain whenever necessary. Causing break-downs, trauma, flashbacks, and unnecessary pain and depression, it can be most commonly diagnosed as schizophrenia or states of psychosis.
Though any individual who has been sent to the catacombs knows very well that that is not the case.

     If the cure to the dark side is found or retrieved, any person who was supposed to be sent or haunted by the entities of the catacombs will be free and will be allowed to pass over to the other side, or if they choose, heaven or hell. The cure has never been found, as many believed it was a metaphor for death or happiness even when in a miraculous amount of pain.

Now isn't that a wonderful way for Britlyn to live her life?

Britlyn's POV*

"Why the hell is it so painful?" I cried, pulling myself of the cold and hard ground of the forest floor.

"And why the hell am I with you?!" I questioned, as I pointed up to the one, the only, Niklaus Mikaelson.

"And why the hell are you naked?!" I exclaimed once more.

"To answer all of your questions; I don't know what was painful, all I did was snap your neck and leave you there. I brought you with me because you're better off with me than to go unappreciated. And lastly, I just finished wolfing out. I'm officially a hybrid. Now we've got something else in common, Britlyn! Shall we paint each other's nails and braid our hair and share secrets now?" He giggled like a little girl before going back to whatever he was doing before.

"I'm so sorry for Niklaus's...attitude per say. He's just glad he can finally be half and half like he always should have been. My apologies, I'm Elijah." The insanely good looking man with the insanely expensive looking suit announced, grabbing my hand gently and pressing it up against his lips softly.

I was quite surprised at the difference in mannerisms, but then I remembered I've met them before so I shouldn't be too surprised at the fact that one's a lunatic and one's a slightly more polite lunatic.