Chapter 5: Just Dance

Britlyn's POV*

     "What the hell? Do they actually think this was what the sixties were like?" I asked myself.

      I walked into the gym where they were holding the decade dance.

      If anything, this was everything except for sixties.

      It screamed 'I'm almost there but I'm not quite there yet' and it was atrocious.

     "Hi. I'm supposed to chaperone? My name is Britlyn Salvatore." I spoke at the front, they just nodded and sent me off by the punch.

There was no alcohol.

Damon lied, so he better be bringing it.

      "Britlyn. So glad you could make it!" AlariKlaus said to me, haha buddy. I'm not buying it.

      "Yeah. It was either supervise horny and sweaty teenagers or drink too much alcohol and binge watch every show on Netflix. Either or, I honestly didn't care." I chuckled.

      "Though it was funny. I'd rather not think of these children as horny." He commented.

      "Oh please Nik..Alaric. Almost every single student here has done the diddly do. Watch, you'll probably end up with one of them." I laughed jokingly.

      "I believe that's illegal. If not, that is sad. Just sad in general." He scrunched his nose, that was the Niklaus talking.

      "Yeah well, it's you Ric." I giggled.
      "You're the most radiant one in the room." He commented.

     "Thank you, but, in all fairness, this is extremely weird. You are Alaric right now. If you were Niklaus, it'd be different. You are hot in both bodies, but in one you're the devil incarnate and in the other, you're a high school teacher who drowns his sorrows in bourbon." I smiled sheepishly.

     "You make me sound so somber and dreary." He frowned.

     "What do you want me to say? As Ric, you're the doppelslut's teacher, you're my brother's favorite relief source, but as Niklaus, you're a relative to many evil menaces, everyone hates you, and you have seemingly no feeling?" I looked intently towards him.

     "I don't care who I am. I thought everything was meant to be on the inside. Is that not what truly counts, love?" He asked, with a half smile.

      He trudged on past the punch bowl and into the swirling ocean of teens and music.

What has my life come to?