Chapter 28

(an)- I heard that a chapter gets more feedback if you ask for it at the beginning, so I'm testing that out! This chapter is quite an eventful one, especially if you love Kade and Evanora. Please let me know what you think! Your comments and votes keep me writing :)

Chapter 28

The night found Evanora sitting on Kade’s lap, perched on his bed in the First Mate’s cabin, breathing jaggedly as his ceaseless kisses scorched her body. She tugged lightly at his hair, returning the affection as he slowly rocked them back, lowering them down onto the bed. A single light flickered in the dark of the room, casting rays upon his strong jawline, his muscled chest, and her slender body beneath him as they tangled together. She hooked her fingers beneath his shirt, pulling it up over his head. Then, marvelling at the sight before her, she trailed kisses over his bare skin.

A groan came from the back of Kade’s throat as he held her in his hands, exploring her, sharing in the most intimate of caresses. Her short gasps a fuel to his craving, he removed her shirt also, gazing upon the most beautiful woman ever to grace his eyes.

He hesitated, staring at her, and Evanora’s eyes fluttered open.

“What is it?” she asked softly.

Kade’s mossy eyes deepened with sorrow, pained as he looked towards the window, trying to gauge the time they had left. Then they returned to rest on Evanora. He gulped, and she arched up to kiss his swollen lips.

“I love you.” he whispered, the words sounding deliciously foreign from his mouth even amidst the taintings of pain.

Tears pooled at the corners of Evanora’s eyes. For a while, they locked each other in a passionate stare, and Kade’s eyes alone set her alight in places she didn’t know existed. She smirked just slightly and replied with “That’s beautiful.”

Just as she had hoped, Kade’s eyebrows raised and he rolled his eyes. “What have I told you about calling a pirate beautiful?” he growled.

“I don’t care what you say, it was beautiful. You’re beautiful.” She squirmed beneath him as he began to tickle her sides, leaning down to playfully nip at her earlobe.

“Enough is enough!” squawked the parrot, ruffling its feathers. The scarlet macaw had somehow managed to traverse the sloshing deck, avoid the rigging, and slip through the miniscule opening between the door and the wall. Neither Kade nor Evanora had realised the presence of a third entity in the room, and their heads shot up, amused at the sudden outburst.

“He’s right, you know.” Kade grinned. “You’re going to pay for that.”

He lifted her over his shoulder, threw open the door and strode outside to the deck where he dangled her over the railing. Beneath them, the sea was calm and crystal clear, awaiting the splash she’d create if he should drop her. Screaming in playful terror, she wriggled about.

“Take it back, Treasure.” Kade warned, a devilish smirk overriding his features. “Or you’re going for a midnight swim.”

“Never!” she laughed.

Kade loosened his grip, allowing her to slip through his fingers. Mouth open in a gobsmacked 'O', Evanora had never believed that he would actually let her fall! She barely had time to gasp before she pierced the sheet of seawater, soaking her through in seconds. The shocking cold of the ocean contrasted her heated skin, the jolt making her feel fresh and alive.

The plop of a far defter entry into the water made it clear that Kade had joined her. Sure enough, large hands fell into place on her hips, shaking slightly from his chuckling. During the blissful moments after the freedom of laughter, the couple let the water swing their legs, watching the moon’s reflection glisten on the crest of the waves.