Chapter 6//The bitchy kind..

I skipped the next few periods to wonder the woods, deep in thought, then my stomach told me it was time to go back for lunch. I know that I'm probably going to have gained a lot of unwanted attention with my little stunt, but I can make my way through it.

Quickly making my way across the football field, I hurry to my locker to grab my lunch. But just as I have grabbed it out of my locker the locker door is slammed shut and I'm twisted to face a very pissed blonde girl. She was quite attractive and I could smell wolf on her.

"Who the hell are you and why are you stealing my man?!?!", she shrieks in the middle of the hallway.

"Sorry, but who are we talking about here?".

"Don't play dumb, I heard about how you were all over Kyle in gym today."she says even louder, gaining even more attention.

I can't help but laugh, "trust me, he was the one all over me, I would rather massage his head with a baseball bat!".

"Oh and that brings me to how you also hurt him!! You should have lost you worthless piece of shit, there's no way some random girl can beat up the alpha.".

"Well, I don't know if you heard but I'm not just some random girl" I hiss at her, then start to walk away. But right out of the blue she slaps me clean across the face, rocking my head back so that I fall on the ground against the lockers, banging my head. I hear a commotion in the crowd.

"What the hell Kelly! You can't just beat people up in the hallway!" I hear a masculine voice say. But I'm too disoriented to match it to a person.

"That bitch deserved it!" She shouted. Then I hear a low growl and someone whisper, "mine". All of a sudden the crowd disperses in a hurry and Kelly is left standing above me. She gives me a dirty look before stomping away, furiously.

I feel a warm hand clasp around mine and pull me off the ground.

Kyle.

I sigh, then raise my hand to my head as a sharp pain sears its way through my brain.
He looks at me with a concerned look on his face then strokes the side of my face. The tender gesture sends prickles down my spine and I can feel myself gulp.

"I think we should get you to the infirmary." He whispers in my ear. I don't trust myself to talk properly yet so I simply nod in agreement.

He gestures for us to walk forwards and I let go of the locker I had been leaning on only to feel the world tilting under my feet. Two steady, muscular arms keep me from collapsing and I'm raised up again to look deeply into his sea green eyes and I can't help but get lost in them. I see him smirk when he notices my staring and before I know it he has lifted me into his arms bridal style, with my head leaning on his chest. I'm too dizzy to complain so I just let him carry me.

I hear his strong heart beat pound on his muscular chest. Placing my hand on his stomach, I hear him gasp as he continues walking. I feel the rock solid abs beneath the thin material of his shirt and sigh. Bunching my fist into his shirt I inhale his scent. It smells like coconut and vanilla scented candles and I can't help but become drawn to the exotic fragrance.

Too soon our walk to the infirmary has concluded and I'm placed on a small bed that feels like cardboard. Nothing compared to the comfort of Kyle's soft chest. A nurse walks into the room and gives me an examination, walking out within 5 minutes to concur with the doctors, leaving me alone with Kyle again.

"Hey I'm sorry about Kelly. She can be a bit... over enthusiastic at times.".

I roll my eyes, "'over enthusiastic' my ass! That girl is a bitch and I don't mean the perky kind of bitch that's just a bit of an inconvenience, I mean the really bitchy kind that makes you want to rip their throat out...". I realise that I had been rambling and quickly return my gaze to my feet to hide my blush. But I was surprised to see that instead of the usual horrified expressions people give me...

Kyle looks extremely amused.

"There she is!" He says, enthusiastically. I can't help but laugh.

"But seriously why did you let her hit you? The girl that I just fought back in gym wouldn't have let anything that sloppy past her.".

I sigh, "I don't know. I guess I thought that I deserved it." I say looking at my feet in shame. He surprises me by walking over and lifting my chin so that our gazes meet.

"I don't think that a girl as special as you deserves anything like that." He whispers. 

"Except maybe that," he says playfully punching my arm ,"for knocking me down to second place." He says grinning, making me laugh.

In that moment as I'm becoming lost in his beautiful eyes I realise that I might have made the most dangerous mistake of all.

I think I might have fallen for Kyle!