Chapter 17//My alpha

*a song to listen to and btw this is more of a filler chapter. Feel free to voice any hateful opinions which I will ignore as politely as possible : )

Everything is upside down. Messed up. Wrong way round.
Nothing makes sense.
It's like when you mistake Coke for Pepsi! Or a wrap for a tortilla. It just ruins your entire perspective!

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is real or not. But what I do know is that the wall I had built around myself to stop any emotions from seeping through, has now tumbled down, letting in the most dangerous emotion possible.

Love.

It's like a drug. I just can't get enough of it and I would do anything to keep it. Or even worse, I would do anything to make sure it wasn't an unrequited love. I haven't even told him that I like him! Let alone love...

God, its such a wild emotion for such a small word. I thought that when I first fell in love it would be with the new season of Teen wolf or a new flavour of Ben and Jerry's ice team, not the alpha of the Edgewater pack!

There is no more escaping him. No more running from my fate. My destiny.

From now on there is no hiding from my feelings, instead I have to confront them. But first I have to learn how to control them.

I know this from the possessiveness I feel as I watch Kyle moments from death. With my wall gone all I can feel is a fierce anger, lighting every one of my senses on fire. The vicious flames lick the surface of my skin until it feels as if the blaze is surrounding me in a ball of fire.

Then I descend on the hunter like a demon from the darkest circle of hell.

Kyle's POV

I had been so absorbed in ripping the head off of this particularly annoying hunter who was cussing at a remarkable rate, that I hadn't noticed a bow being drawn.

But just as I register the string being released, and the arrow being shot, a bright light comes between it and me. Immediately dropping the hunter's mangled body I stand frozen as I watch Ella's coyote become engulfed in a glorious blaze of deep blue flames.

All those who are fighting stop in an instant as Ella's blazing figure lights up the clearing with a faint blue glow. The brilliant colour matches the blue of her eyes as she stares deeply into those of the hunter, whose arrow is now a shrivelled piece of metal in Ella's flaming paw.

Tossing the scrap metal to the side, she slowly stalks over to the hunter, snarling at him with a fierce growl. I watch silently with the rest of the crowd of both hunters and wolves as she stops just in front of him. Silence fills the atmosphere, in anticipation of his demise, until finally, she shifts.

This slight vulnerability surprises everyone, until she flicks her gorgeous wavy hair over her shoulder and stares him down once again, her blue eyes piercing his. The flames continuing to engulf her as she smirks at the hunter. That devilish look on her face is enough to fill the hunter with an extreme amount of anger. Apparently it fills him with stupidity as well because he starts to run straight for her.

The smirk on her face only grows as he approaches, until finally he is within a foot of her.

Everything happens so fast that I can barely register it.

She swiftly steps to the side as the hunter runs straight past her. Using this to her advantage she spins him around and brings her knee up to his gut, causing him to fall to the ground groaning.

Standing back she spreads her arms wide, pointing her palms to the sky. I know what is about to happen before anyone else does.

Just as the hunter has risen and is racing towards her once more, a booming clap of thunder descends from the heavens and pounds him to the ground.