Chapter 4

Dinner was a quiet affair with mostly the sounds of forks scratching plates and Ginny asking the occasional question to her guests. Hermione and Draco kept stealing glances at each other and looking away shyly when their eyes met.

After dinner they had tea and dessert in the drawing room. Ginny nudged Harry to encourage him to soften the atmosphere.

"Uh...have you guys ever played poker?"

Ginny and Draco both shook their head with confusion while Hermione nodded enthusiastically.

Harry pulled out the cards and started explaining how to play. Soon they were all laughing and having a good time; At least Harry and Hermione were. Ginny and Draco were being very sore losers.

A few minutes into their fifth game, Draco saw the top of the Teddy's head peek through the door. He looked like he had been crying. Draco looked over at Ginny to see if she had noticed her crying child. She hadn't; Her face was scrunched up in concentration as she was determined to win at least one round. Teddy stared at Draco for a few moments before he ran towards him and jumped into his startled arms. Harry and Hermione laughed at the fear-stricken look on Draco's face. Ginny still hadn't noticed, as she was still focused on her cards.

"Mummy who is this man?" Teddy asked as he reached up to play with Draco's pale blonde hair.

Ginny snapped out of her concentration, noticing that Teddy was there for the first time. "Teddy! What are you doing out of bed?" She reached for Teddy across the table.

Harry stopped her, "I'll get him Gin. He's too big for you to be carrying."

"I had a nightmare. Mummy you didn't answer my question." Teddy continued to play with Draco's hair.

"This is Mr. Malfoy, Aunt Hermione's friend," Ginny said with a slight smirk.

Hermione blushed behind her cards before Harry rescued her. "Okay Ginny let's get Teddy back to bed." She scowled but stood up as Harry took Teddy from Draco.

Draco and Hermione stood up as well. "I should probably go--" They both said at the same time.

"Aww! Well thanks for coming! We must do this again soon." She gave them both a hug. "We'll see you next week at the Burrow for Sunday lunch right Hermione?"

Hermione nodded, "Thank you for dinner you guys and congratulations again!"

Teddy jumped out of Harry's arms and ran to Hermione. "You didn't give me a hug and kiss Aunt 'Mione!"

"You are so right Teddy bear! You were in bed when I got here." She scooped him up and started kissing him all over. "Can you forgive me?"

He giggled and squirmed in her arms. "I guess so, if you and Mr. Malfoy will take me for ice cream. Aunt 'Mione, are you going to get married to Mr. Malfoy like Uncle Ron and Aunt Padma are?"

Ginny suppressed a laugh as Hermione's face turned bright red.

"Alright Ted, that's enough. Let's go to bed," Harry said in a no nonsense voice as he picked Teddy back up.

"It was nice having you over Draco. We should do this again sometime." Harry shook Draco's hand and gave Hermione a hug before walking out of the drawing room.

Draco turned to Hermione, "Would you like to take a walk so we can catch up some more?"

"Oh! Sure, that sounds fun." Hermione replied, strategically avoiding Ginny's gaze.

"Well goodnight you two! I'm sure you can show yourselves out," Ginny said with a wink as she left the room.

Hermione shook her head in embarrassment. "I am so sorry about her Draco."