Chapter 21

"Well Ms. Granger I'd say you're a little shy of four months pregnant." Healer Smith put her wand down and wrote something in Hermione's chart. "Have you been having any problems?"

Hermione shook her head no.

"Yes, she's been vomiting every morning," Draco supplied, ignoring the sharp jab that Hermione directed to his side.

Healer Smith chuckled and approached the side of the bed. "That's perfectly normal Draco and you know that. I'll give her a potion for it. Ms. Granger can you lie back and lift your shirt for me?"

Hermione laid back on the bed and pulled her shirt up. Draco stared at her pale stomach that was curved where it used to be flat. He was shocked that he hadn't noticed the changes in her body seeing as he slept next to her every night. Then again, he had been trying not to look too closely at her to respect her wishes to abstain until they were married. He absentmindedly stroked her small bump.

Hermione's slight gasp brought him back to the present. "Draco your hands are cold!" She pushed his hands away and sat up, pulling her shirt down.

Healer Smith gave Hermione some reading material and set up a follow up appointment for the following month. She also advised her to use muggle transport for the duration of her pregnancy.

Draco and Hermione returned to their respective jobs after he treated her to lunch and begged her to take the rest of the day off. She adamantly refused and went to present her case before the Wizengamot. She returned to her office nauseated, rushing past Elise who was frantically trying to get her attention. She ran past her desk and into her office toilet, where she was promptly sick.

After regaining her composure, Hermione headed back into the main area of her office, intending to find out what Elise wanted. She was startled to see the poised blonde woman perched in the chair across from her desk.

"Merlin's beard!" She exclaimed, clutching her chest in surprise. "Narcissa! You gave me a fright. What are you doing here?" She moved to take the seat behind her desk.

"A source of mine told me you were expecting," she said calmly, removing her dark sunglasses. "I came by for confirmation."

Hermione shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Oh! I, um...yes. I am. How did you find out? I only confirmed myself a few hours ago."

Narcissa smiled at her future daughter in law. "I have my ways Hermione. Are you going to offer me some tea?"

Hermione jumped up. "Oh yes! I am terribly sorry; Where are my manners?" She hurried out of her office and whispered hurriedly to Elise. "Bring some tea for my mother in law please, chamomile with no sugar. And please get Draco here! I don't care how you do it, but I expect him here in less than ten minutes. Tell him his mother is here."

She hurried back to the door and turned around shooting Elise a disapproving look. "And next time a little warning would be nice!" She hissed before disappearing through the door again.

"My secretary will be bringing some tea any moment. Is there anything else I can get you?" Hermione took her seat again.

Narcissa shook her head and appraised the small witch before her. It had taken her awhile to understand why Draco was so enamored with this girl, but after a few months of getting to know her, Narcissa had become quite fond of Hermione.

"Am I correct in assuming that Draco will be joining us soon?"

Hermione blushed. "Uh, yes. I figured you'd want to talk to both of us."

"Well I had hoped to just talk to you." She frowned as Hermione continued to fidget in her seat. "Do I make you uncomfortable dear?"

Hermione flushed even redder and looked down at her hands. "No! Of course not! Just a little nervous. I know I'm not the daughter in law you envisioned having."