Chapter 10

A/N Picture is of Hermione's Dress. Side note, I am SO EXCITED for this chapter! Happy reading :)

Two days later on New Year's eve, Hermione was sitting on her bed and Ginny was attacking her hair.

"Argh!" Ginny exclaimed. "I can't get it to stay! Hold on, I'm owling Pansy. Better yet, I'll send my patronus, it'll be faster."

Pansy joined the battle against Hermione's hair ten minutes later. Pansy was much more efficient than Ginny however, and Hermione's hair was pulled into a sleek updo fairly quickly.

At 7:30 Hermione was ready. Pansy loaned her some emerald earrings to match Ginny's dress before leaving to meet Blaise at her parents leaving a very nervous Hermione with Ginny.

"Are you okay 'Mione?" Ginny questioned as she adjusted her own dress in Hermione's mirror. Andromeda was keeping Teddy that night so that Harry could take Ginny out.

"Huh?" Hermione responded, shaken out of her thoughts by Ginny's voice. "Oh yeah I'm fine. Just a little nervous. Why am I so nervous? It's just Draco."

Ginny gave her an understanding smile. "It's going to be okay. Just pretend it's not a date."

"It isn't a date Ginny."

Ginny waved her hand dismissively as she continued to adjust her dress. "Yeah, yeah sure it isn't. Argh! This dress won't lay flat!" She tried to suck in her stomach.

"It is laying flat, you just have a baby bump," Hermione chuckled.

"I know," Ginny sighed. "And it's just going to get bigger!"

"That is the general idea."

"Anyway, are you sure you're okay?" She glanced at Hermione's clock that read 7:44. "I've got to meet Harry in about fifteen minutes."

"Yes Ginny I am fine! Draco will be here any minute. Go enjoy your alone time with your husband."

"You know I will," Ginny winked.

"Ew. Gross. Harry is like my little brother, I don't want to think about that."

"Oh grow up Hermione, you're almost as bad as Ron," Ginny said, laughing. "How do you think I got pregnant?"

The doorbell rang before Hermione was able to retort.

"He's here! I'm leaving, have fun Hermione! Tell the ferret I said hello and Happy New Year! And don't come back with a baby!" Ginny called as she ran to the fireplace. 

Hermione frantically smoothed her dress down before answering the door. Draco was standing there in a grey suit with a black overcoat holding a beautiful bouquet. His pale blonde hair was messily styled and appeared to be slightly windswept, very unlike how he wore it when they were at Hogwarts. He flashed that brilliant smile of his and held out the flowers for her to take.

"A beautiful arrangement for an even more beautiful lady," he said as he stepped into the entryway.

"Wow Malfoy! Way to turn on the charm," Hermione teased as she closed the door behind him. "Thank you for the flowers. You're early though," she said, putting the flowers in a vase on her coffee table.

"I know. I wanted to explain what we're doing tonight."

She looked over at her friend warily. "You're taking me out of the country again aren't you?"

He grinned at her. "Top marks per usual Hermione. Yes I am whisking you away from London tonight. But first, a nap." He sunk down onto the couch and motioned for her to join him.