Chapter 20

"What do you mean Hermione? How could you have fallen pregnant? We've been waiting to..." he trailed off as he thought back to Ron and Padma's wedding and he suddenly realized what she was talking about.

"Hermione how much fire whiskey are you planning on drinking tonight?" Draco asked as she downed another glass and it refilled itself. He admittedly was extremely tipsy himself.

"Enough to be able to drown out the people who keep asking me if I'm heartbroken that Ron married another witch."

"People have seriously been asking you that? Don't they know you're with me?" Draco laughed and wrapped his arms around her after he took another shot of fire whiskey as well.

She nodded. "I expect it's a result of Padma's constant pity of me and her sister's gossipy nature. I really don't like them."

Draco laughed heartily. Drunk Hermione was always extremely honest.

She pressed herself to him and whispered in his ear. "Do you want to get out of here? I can think of some fun we can have elsewhere."

Her warm breath on his ear had him ready to take her right then and there. They said their goodbyes and grabbed a bottle of fire whiskey to go, laughing as they ran out of the hall and back up to their hotel room.

They really had been trying to abstain but that night, the romantic atmosphere and their extreme inebriation had resulted in Hermione giving herself to Draco completely. She had assumed the next morning when she woke up in a hotel room next to Draco, that she was sore from their usual foreplay activities. But two months later she found herself leaning over the toilet every morning, vomiting and exhausted all of the time. She had kept it from Draco partially because she couldn't believe it herself and partially because he had so much on his plate from his two jobs.

Draco stared at her in confusion. "You mean we actually had sex that night?! I was so sure that was a dream!"

Hermione laughed through her tears. "That's what you're worried about? That you don't remember our first time together?" She caressed his face and his stormy grey eyes searched hers for an explanation. "Did you not hear what I said Draco?"

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. She laughed harder and hugged him. "There's the reaction I was expecting."

He pulled back from her and looked at her in disbelief. "You're pregnant?" He asked softly.

She bit her lip and nodded. "You're upset?"

He fell to his knees and put his lips to her stomach. "Upset? How could I be upset? You have officially given me everything Hermione."

She tangled her hands in his hair as he peppered small kisses to her stomach. "Because it's all been so fast Draco! We haven't even been dating an entire year and we're engaged and expecting a baby." Her voice caught in her throat. She hadn't said that out loud before.

Draco ceased his ministrations and smirked up at her. "Well we were the top students at Hogwarts, Herms. We've always been ahead of the curve."

"Oh shut it Draco," Hermione said as she moved away from him to sit on the bed.

"Hermione seriously. You've made me the happiest man on earth in so many ways. I'm thrilled, honestly." He joined her in the bed, a wide grin on his face. "Have you seen a healer yet?"

She shook her head.

"Are you insane?!"

She scoffed at him. "I've done my research Draco. I'm fine."