Chapter 9

"Ginny are you ready? Hermione is here!" Harry called up the stairs to his wife.

"I'm getting Teddy's bag together! Parvati is coming to pick him up!" She yelled back down the stairs.

"Come into the kitchen with me Hermione, I was making Teddy a sandwich."

She followed Harry into the kitchen, sat down at the table and picked up the copy of Witch Weekly. There was a picture of Harry and Ginny on the cover. "I see the press found out about Ginny's pregnancy," Hermione quipped.

Harry grimmaced. "Yes and they won't leave us alone! They followed us to Parvati's place the other day."

"How is Parvati? I haven't seen her since Ron and Padma's engagement party."

"She's fine I guess. Last I heard, she was working for Malfoy's dad," Harry responded as he sat down at the table, having finished making Teddy's lunch.

"Oh wow, I wonder how she swung that."

"Ginny said something about her boyfriend, Nasiir I think, working there and he got her a job too. I think he went to Uagadou in Africa."

"Ginny said what?" Ginny asked as she walked into the kitchen carrying a sleeping Teddy and his bag.

Harry practically leapt across the table to take Teddy from his wife. "Gin, I told you to stop carrying Ted, he's too heavy for you in your condition."

She huffed. "He was still napping and I didn't want to wake the little monster prematurely. And what do you mean 'in my condition'? I'm pregnant, not an invalid. Hey Hermione, you ready to go?" The redheaded witch turned on her heels and walked out of the kitchen.

Hermione gave both Harry and Teddy a swift kiss on the cheek and followed her friend into the hall.

Ginny was putting on her boots and scarf when Hermione joined her. "I don't know about befriending Pansy Parkinson," Ginny said with a frown. "She was so vile in school and she even suggested giving Harry over to Voldemort."

"Ginny you know she was just afraid. And she's changed. If you can be cordial to Draco it should be easy to be nice to Pansy."

"Yeah but you're asking me to be friends with Pansy. It's a lot different than being cordial. Besides, I only tolerate Draco for your sake."

"Well then tolerate Pansy for my sake too. Come on, we're going to be late."

"No we're not we can just apparate." Ginny groaned. "I forgot. I'm pregnant. We can't apparate. We can fly though, let me grab the broomsticks."

"Ginny! I hate flying!" Hermione protested.

"Tough! Unless you want a deformed niece or nephew, its what we have to do."

Twenty minutes later they walked into the Flying Dutchman, a restaurant in Diagon Alley that Dean Thomas had opened the year before. Hermione was complaining about how the wind had ruined her hair. They spotted Pansy seated near the back of the restaurant frantically waving them over.

"Let's get this over with," Ginny muttered as she plastered on a fairly convincing fake smile.

"Hey Hermione!" Pansy said as she embraced her. She paused, uncertain as to how to greet Ginny before she pulled her into a hug as well. "Hi Ginny! I'm so glad to see you."

"I, er, I'm glad to see you too Pansy," Ginny replied awkwardly.

"Sit down you two! And order whatever you want; Today is my treat," Pansy said with a wide smile.

The threesome sat in awkward silence before Ginny turned to Hermione. "You said you wanted to talk to me about something? What's going on?"

Hermione looked back at her friend confused until it dawned on her what she was talking about. "Oh! That. It can wait," she said quietly as her face slowly reddened.