Chapter 17

A/N Here's a nice long one that I wrote instead of studying for optics lol Enjoy!

"What are you going to do after we graduate Draco?" Hermione asked as she tried to regain her balance.

"Whatever you're going to do, of course. Herms stop fidgeting or you're going to fall."

"I'm going to fall either way."

"I'm not going to let you fall."

"Then why should it matter if I fidget?"

"You're obnoxious Hermione. Now listen carefully. Lean forward slightly to accelerate."

"Draco, I'm going to fall!" she cried.

"Stop being so dramatic, I'm not going to let you fall! Besides, you're barely five feet off the ground."

She whimpered as she floated in the air.

"Hermione look at me."

She shifted her gaze from the ground below her to his piercing grey eyes as he hovered beneath her on his own broom. "I would never let anything hurt you Herms. You're not going to fall but IF you did, I'm right here and I promise I will catch you."

She felt her heart flutter at his words and clutched more tightly the broom beneath her.

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"Absolutely not," she replied, smirking down at him.

"Ha ha, I'm being serious. Do you trust me or not?" he asked again.

"Of course I trust you Draco," she replied seriously.

"Okay good. Now lean forward slightly..."

**********************************************

"You're awake early." Draco slid closer to Hermione and pulled her into his arms. She rested her head on his chest and sighed contently. "What are you thinking about?"

"I was thinking about that time at Hogwarts when you tried to teach me how to fly."

He laughed heartily. "You are a nightmare on a broom Herms."

She scowled at him. "So I can't do one thing well. Sue me."

"It's okay, you're better at everything else." He looked down at her and brushed a hair out of her face. "What made you think of that?"

"I had a dream about it. I don't see how I didn't know you liked me back then."

"I don't see how you didn't see it either; It was glaringly obvious."

They lay in silence for a bit when an owl tapped on the window. Draco got up and opened the window, taking the letter from the owl and giving it a treat. "It's for you love," he said handing her the letter.

She sat up and started to open it. "What do you want to do today Draco?" she asked as she skimmed the letter.

"You," he replied under his breath as he walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

"What was that?" She looked up from her letter.

"Nothing Herms."

Hermione returned her attention to the letter. It was from Ginny.

Hermione,

How are you? I haven't seen you since Ron and Padma's wedding and Harry says you've been avoiding him at work. I just wanted to make sure you and Draco were okay. Let's have lunch this weekend. Pansy and I are meeting at 10am on Saturday to find bridesmaid dresses for her wedding. Send me an owl with your acceptance within the hour.