⁵ | l i m e r e n c e

(n.) the state of being infatuated with another person.

Raneem could still feel the heat of Zane's touches even as she immersed herself in the cold waters

Raneem could still feel the heat of Zane's touches even as she immersed herself in the cold waters. She thought she could break whatever spell it was that he entrapped her, with the chilly waters. Unfortunately, the cold only made her seek his warmth more.

She sank in the water lower until it nearly reached her nose. Her body still remembered his sturdiness against her. He was firm and hot against her when their hips met and it was such a surprising delight that she could not say a word, torn between wanting it and pulling away for propriety's sake. His feather-light touches on her back made her ache more for his touches. Her mind wildly entertaining other thoughts of what more he could do to her.

She shook herself in her thoughts and directed them on more important matters. What would she say to her father when they meet again? That she wasn't his daughter and that his wife and most trusted liege commander had betrayed him? She could not bear to tell him all that with what he was going through, but he also deserved the truth. And what of Gwahan? What if they learned of that treason? She could not and will not hand over her rule to that witch, Amira. Even she had no successors, anyway. Besides-

Her thoughts stilled hearing something intrude the stillness of the waters. Or someone. She groaned inwardly, hoping that it was not who she feared it was.

Arms circled around her pulling her into a warm and solid body causing her to yelp. She didn't need to turn to look who it was. The undeniable scent was familiar and she could feel her nether regions blaze anew. They burst into flames when her sensitive virginity brushed lightly against his leg and rested on it. She dared not move fearing the betrayal of her body getting closer to the edge as her back and her stomach took in the radiant fever he was giving off.

She closed her eyes to hold off her feelings, but only manage to conjure an image of him. She saw his bright green eyes, his radiant fair skin, the blond tresses that were more silk than hair and those exotic pointed ears. His lips inviting her into a temptation she was only happy to give into. She forced her eyes open to fight such a temptation.

Her mouth worked soundlessly for a while trying to unlock whatever it was that caught her voice. When she managed to speak, it came out a squeak. "What do you think you're doing?"

"You seemed cold," he replied, voice sultry, alluring and tempting her far beyond what she thought she could endure. "I thought to help. That's all."

He ran his finger from her neck to her shoulder and she gasped as waves of pleasure hit her. She wanted it and her body ached for it. But it was-wrong! She took a deep breath to steady her voice. "Let go." It came out as a whisper, but it was commanding and more than she had hoped to accomplish with the torrent of lechery that was coursing through her.

"And leave you cold?" His hand brushed her hair off to one side, brushing and exposing the nape of her neck, while the other stroke her stomach. "That would be ungentlemanly."