⁸ | i n e f f a b l e

(adj.) too great to be expressed in words.

) too great to be expressed in words

"Prince Zane!"

He blinked and looked at the female above him. Her beautiful brows knit in frustration and her jaw was set in determination.

"My lord, you are not responding."

Zane looked at her perfect skin, every curve made to perfection. His eyes looked past her naked form and then at himself. She was right. He was limp and there was absolutely no feelings of arousal in him. He looked up at the face of the female elf and sighed. "I am just -not in the mood."

"Not in the mood?" she demanded. "How can you not be in the mood? It is your mating year. I would understand if it is any other year, but you should be at your peak now. A whole season, you have not acted on your lust because of your role. I have heard you complain about it. Now that you have the chance, you are not in the mood?"

He knew she was right. Ever since his year started, he was not able to do his duty and have any relationship with anyone. He had often been stiff doing his work and by the time he was done, he was so tired. Now that the opportunity presented itself in the form of a perfect nubile body, he could not even get aroused!

She was beautiful and compared to Raneem, the elf would definitely eclipse her. But those eyes that were staring back at him were dead. There was no fire, though her eyes were of the color of sapphire. Raneem's hazel ones held a conflagration enough to inspire something in him and more.

"Now we're getting somewhere."

Zane looked at the grinning she-elf as she traced her hands all over his body. Despite her noted skills, the act did not do anything more. It was his thoughts of Raneem that roused him. Damn the woman! What had she done to him? He only thought about her eyes and it made him throb. The gods knew how he would react thinking about other parts of her body.

Sighing, he pushed her hands away and stood to dress.

"My lord?" her voice was filled with horror though he did not see her face. "Have I not pleased? Have I done something wrong?"

Zane faced her and shook his head. "You have done well. I am the one with the problem. Forgive me, I have to leave." And he left without waiting to see her reaction.

That Raneem was the only one he was reacting to was bad news enough, but to receive the news about Gwahan was even worse. The problems were making his head ache, fraying his mind. He wanted to lie down and relax. And unfortunately, his imagination took him into Raneem's arms, which prompted only one reaction.

"Down boy," he told himself. "It is not yet time." But if he told her what he knew, there would never be a time. Damn it! He should release his own spell and just have his way with her. She was ripe for the picking - almost begging to be taken. The coy virginal play was driving him insane and it took all the control he had as an elf to keep himself from tying her up and playing with her.