⁹ | e u n o i a

(n.) beautiful thinking; a well mind.

"Stupid, you're so fucking stupid!" Raneem berated herself once Zane was gone

"Stupid, you're so fucking stupid!" Raneem berated herself once Zane was gone. She had admitted that lust was enslaving her to an elf – a being that believed just so! What's more, she used an expression both Adam and the king would give her an earful for. And how apt was that expression for her self-abandonment? Fuck me? She could have just said shit and it wouldn't have been as embarrassing. And it wouldn't have been closer to the truth of what she wanted.

By the gods, she wanted him to have his way with her! But it was not right and she wouldn't do it. Never do it. Was this the reason why her kind had raped an elf? Because they were much too alluring and tempting? Was this the only reason why her people committed the sin the elves could not forgive? Now she knew what it was like to call on the last vestiges of self-control in front of an elf in heat. Even she would blame the elf if she ever jumped him, claiming that he had compelled her.

She understood now the root of their differences. Elves were the epitome of control and patience. Their nature allowed them to do so and they expect humans to exert the same measure of control by the strength of their wills. It was why the races had trusted each other before the divide. The loss of control by her people over an elf who tested the limits of human endurance was the only cause.

Perhaps the division could be reconciled. And she would do her best to reconcile them once she has the throne. The races were each other's better half and it would be better for both if they worked together instead of working apart.

She took a deep breath and changed. Again.

The thoughts that were plaguing her would make her go insane. That and the fact that she was spending too much time in the prince's chamber that every thought she turned to always went back to him. She had to get it out of her system. She had to exert the control the elves were no longer expecting of her. Her efforts would be the only way any semblance of confidence could be restored to humans. And against, the express order of the prince, she went out and took a walk.

The visions of Treliron cleared her thoughts and the melodious merriment of the elves from the direction of the lake where they bathed calmed her. Part of her was amazed at how the elves retained control of their lusts as they bathed in the lake together. Another part of her was puzzled at how they could display themselves at each other so easily. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why a man and a woman's union meant so little to them. They did not share the intimacy of a husband and wife who would only bare all to their mates.

There was a lot both races could learn from one another. Her dread to rule slowly turned into excitement at the prospect of making the two races see eye to eye once again. She only had to return to Gwahan and play the politics of her kingdom right. It would be difficult to reconcile them again after all the bloodshed, but it was not impossible. She was with the elves and she could see that acceptance of them was easy for her as long as she forgave their atrocities and she let go of her own prejudice and hatred of them.