²² | k a l o n

(n.) Beauty that is more than skin-deep

) Beauty that is more than skin-deep

WARNING: This chapter is mature. If you're not comfortable with this, please do not go further. Read at your own risk.

The solar's drapes were shut giving the room a dim glow. In the middle was the dining table, with its cloth brushing the floor, set up for this particular dinner. Zane felt himself stir in anticipation for what was in store. Usually, Raneem and he dined in the great hall with the others. This time, however, it was just the two of them in her solar.

He looked at Raneem who led him to the room. Her hair was brushed to one side revealing her delicious neck exposed to him. He licked his lips as his eyes traced her naked flesh to where her sleeves started and he frowned. Such a frustrating obstruction!

"I hope I have not made you wait too long for dinner," she spoke without turning to him.

"Not long. But I am hungry." He whispered wrapping his arms around her slender waist and giving a light kiss where her neck and her shoulder met. She shivered in response and he smiled. "And I find this quite infuriating." His finger grazed on her sleeve and pulled it down to nip at the newly exposed skin. "Very hungry indeed," he said, unsurprised at how hoarse his voice got.

 "Very hungry indeed," he said, unsurprised at how hoarse his voice got

The gasp and tremble he elicited from her pleased him. He knew she had completely surrendered to him and he silently swore to make her surrender well worth it. He would make her feel pleasure and make her beg for it.

"Z-Zane?" Raneem's voice quivered, "We truly should have dinner first."

Zane sighed and replaced her sleeve. "Of course. Dinner first," he said giving his voice undertones of something wicked as he let go of Raneem whose quickening breaths matched the arousal he sensed from her.

He pulled the chair nearer, the door for her acting as if nothing heated had passed between them. She took her seat gracefully and he sat himself across her. He wished the chairs had been set to seat them beside each other so he could tease her all the more, but there was nothing for it but to be patient as his blood thrummed in his ears and desire raged through his loins.