Chapter VIII

I squealed with excitement as the clowns hit each other making goofy noises. I slipped another piece of cotton candy into my mouth smiling big. The tall skinny announcer with a funny looking bread stepped out of the shadows wearing purple suit and top hat.

"Now I will need someone from the audience to step up " he said his eyes scanning the rows of people. Somewhere screaming out for the man to choose them, others stood up to make themselves noticeable. Out of nowhere the bright spotlight stopped on me and everyone silenced down.

"The blond beauty come on down!" the guy yelled over the megaphone. I froze in fear as my hands started to shake. Is he seriously?

"He's talking to you." Zaden said pushing me lightly.

"No" I whispered, and everyone started to cheer for me to go up. I started to breathe heavily. Zaden pushed me up and I stumbled down to the front. I watched as there were so many people cheering waiting for what would happen next.

"What's your name doll?" asked the man in the top hat. I felt like his voice was a hundred miles away.

"uh...huh?" I asked looking up at him.

"Your name?" he asked again giving me a look as if I was stupid or something.

"Nova" I whispered out almost choking on my words.

"Don't be shy Nova, we are all friends here" he said placing his arm around me. He started explaining something, but I couldn't focus. All these people sitting there watching me. Everyone started to blur and I couldn't breathe. I started breathing heavy and then the world started to spin. Everything blurred together and I couldn't make out faces. Everything just turned into a blur of colors. I noticed a tall figure running down to me placing his hands on my cheeks. My darting eyes meet sweet dark browns eyes that belonged to Zaden.

"Hey Nova" he said I tried to focus on him, but I couldn't stop watching all the people. Then a bunch of circus people came out walking around us. Too many people my breath hitched, and I closed my eyes falling tightly. I collapsed down to the ground with a loud thump. I felt arms around me picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. I clutched on to him like a frightened little kitten.

Soon I felt the cold air of the night on my exposed skin. I felt his large hot hands grab my hips and place me down on the ground. My breathing was still out of order and my sight wasn't straight. I felt him grab both sides of my face making me look up at him. I stared into those dark eyes of his and slowly my heart rate was going back to a semi normal pace.

"Breath" he said in a deep husky voice. I slowly took in a big breath and then slowly let it out.

"Good" he said as his thumb gently creased my high cheek bone.

"Thanks" I whispered, and he gave me a big cheesy smile.

"So, you didn't outgrow your anxiety?" he asked me which I just nodded. When I was younger, I had a lot of panic attacks. It was really bad. But when I got older, they happened less, but still, something's set it off and I would have an attack.

"I don't get the panic attacks as much as when I was younger" I told him as I fumbled with my sleeve.

"It freaks me out you know." he said as he pulled me closer to him. His pushed my hair back behind my ear.

"It's fine, I'm used to them." I told him placing my hands over his that were still holding my cheeks.

"How do you stop it?" he asked me with this stupid sad puppy pout.

"You can't" I told him as I rolled my eyes. He had the mindset of a child. Not that, that is anything bad. He just views the world in a way most fail to after some time of being an adult.