Chapter IX

I slowly rolled over in my bed banging down on the alarm clock. I didn't feel like waking up, I didn't want to go to school. I got up and slipped into the ugly uniform fitted with some black sweater over it. I curled my hair and put-up half of it. I winged my eyeliner slightly and some lip balm and such. I looked at myself, not half bad. I smiled grabbed my book bag and made my way downstairs. I made myself a fast cup of coffee. I grabbed the two small blue pills. I looked at them as they were laying in my hand. I swallowed them and chugged down some of the caffeinated beverage.

I grabbed my keys about to go off to school but as I opened the door and saw Zaden standing there about to knock. He stood there, in pale jeans, and a fitted cotton white t shirt. His hair tousled and slightly wet making it look darker than it actually was. It's been about 2 weeks since our "date" and I haven't really talked much to him, I tried to avoid him as much as possible.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he smiled at me, his eyes traveled down my body and then back to my dull gray eyes. Was he really checking me out when I was in my school uniform?

"Just wanted to see how you are" he said rocking on his feet with his hands stuffed into his front pockets.

"Yeah? really now at 7 am?" I asked him and he gave me a smirk.

"Okay no I'm lying" he said stepping closer to me.

"Well, if that's all I need to get to school" I told him pushing past him going to my car but he grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"School is no fun" He said, and I tried to hold back the smile.

"Yeah, well some of us still are in school so I best be going" I told him trying to get away from him.

"Or you can skip" He said catching up to me.

"Skip? and do what? hang out with you? you're funny" I told him, but he held me hand pulling me back to him.

"Yeah, hang out with me, it will be much more fun than school" He said, and I laughed.

"Come on I really need to get going" I told him, and he bit down on his lip frowning his eyebrows like as if he was thinking.

"Come on I need someone to help me paint my place" he said, and I looked at him.

"You moved out?" I asked him. I would have never thought he would move out. I thought he would end up living in his parent's basement till they kicked him out for being a fat 40-year-old man.

"Yeah, bought a condo last week." he told me running his hand through his hair.

"Nah, that sounds like you need to use me for manual labor" I told him.

"And we can go out for lunch" he offered as he shoved his hands into his front pockets.

"You're not going to take no as an answer?" I asked him and he smiled tossing his arm around my shoulders.

"Let's go Dimples" he said leading me to his motorcycle. I frowned as he sat down, and I slowly got on behind him. He handed me his helmet and I placed it on my head.

"Hold on tight" He told me, and I squealed when he started the bike and drove off very fast. My arms tightened around his torso and I felt my nail slightly scratching into him. My whole front side pressed up against his back.

After about 15 minutes we stopped in a parking garage. He got off then helped me off, but when I got off, he didn't let go of my hand. I was about to say something to him, but he led me to the elevator, we went to the top floor. There were only two doors in the hallway.

"How many people live here?" I asked him looking around the fancy old fashion hall.

"Not sure, there is 12 floors, 2 places per floor so about 24 maybe?" He said unlocking the door. I walked in and looked around; it was so empty. The main room was huge with high ceilings, the right-side wall had huge windows, there was dark hardwood floor and on the left was a bar section to the kitchen. There was a wonderful stone fireplace. There was a plastic cloth thing across the floors in the rooms and everything looked like it was ready to be painted.