Chapter 11:

I wake up in the morning with Justin yelling, "EMMA! Get up!" And pushing me. I get up shower, pack my bag and go downstairs. Emmett is sitting on his phone, when I come down the stairs, he looks up and says, "Are you coming to school with me again or is Austin coming to school today?"

"I'm not coming with you," I say.

"Okay then I'll see you later," he says and walks up to me and kisses my forehead before making his way out the front door to his car. Just as he leaves a new car pulls up, Austin's car so I run inside get my things and lock up the front door with my key as I exist.

I walk to Austin's car and get in. "Morning cupcake," he glances at me and smirks then he starts the car.

"Morning," I say and roll my eyes as we drive off. We drive to school in silence. When we get there he gets out the car and comes to open my door for me then takes my hand in his and we walk into school. By now I'm use to the people around us gossiping and it doesn't irritate me as much.

We walk towards my locker but when I can see it in sight I see a figure leaning against it. I freeze. Austin looks at me and says gently, "You okay?" He then looks up and sees what I'm seeing. Kevin Folly.

"What the fuck does he want," he says irritated now. I say, "I wish I knew." He removes his hand from mine and starts to walk towards my locker. I grab his hand to stop him but he's too strong. He walks to my locker and I follow.

"What the fuck do you want Folly?" Austin says. Kevin looks up from his phone and tucks it in his back pocket.

"I want to talk to Emma," Kevin says.

"Then talk," Austin says as I say, "What do you want, Kevin."

He looks at me and says, "I want to talk to you... alone."

"Hell no that's not going to happen," Austin says before I get the chance to even blink. Why is he being so overprotective, I mean we're not even really dating. Oh, that's why. He has to pretend because the other reason we're fake dating is to make Kevin jealous. That makes sense. He doesn't actually care, he's just pretending. For some reason my heart aches at the realization.

"Please, Emma." Kevin says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Okay, fine, go to the field, I'll meet you there in five." I say.

He nods and says, "You're the best." Then he smirks at Austin and then walks off. I open my locker and starts to put what I don't need in my locker and what I do need in my bag.

Once he's out of earshot Austin says, "You're not really going to go talk to him, right?" When I don't reply he says, "You can't really be considered it."

"I'm not considering it, Austin. I'm going." I say and close my locker and put my bag on my one shoulder.

"Emma," he says.

"Austin."

"I'm not letting you go," he says.

I laugh, "Firstly, it's not your decision and you can't make me do anything nor can you stop me from doing anything. Secondly, why do you care so much?"

"Why do I care, seriously? BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU!" He yells but luckily there's only one or two people in the hallway because it's quite early. "He hurt you, Emma and I can't let him hurt you again. I can't see you get hurt again," he says but in a soft manner like he means what he's saying.

I reach up and put my hand on his cheek, "I don't care about him anymore, Austin. I really don't. But I do care about why he cheated on me and I need to know that it wasn't because I did something or because I wasn't good enough. This is the only way and it's the also the only way for me to get him to leave me alone."