Nineteen: When Two People Started to Care

❁ Kimberly Wales ❁

I glanced back at my watch and it's six in the evening.

Tyler pulled over and I thanked him for the ride.

"Thanks Tyler." I smiled.

All of a sudden, he cupped my cheeks with both of his hands and the distance between my lips and his are like an inch or two.

I stared hopefully in his black eyes and I was wondering if he is going to kiss me.

My first kiss with Tyler..

Sounds dreamy.

Any girl would want it.

And I am getting one--

My dreams were suddenly overly crushed when he looked away and slowly pulled away.

"S-Sorry." He softly said, scratching the back of his head.

I was still staring at him and when I came back to my senses, I stuttered on the words shyly.

"Uh.. um.. Yeah, it's fine.."

I quickly got off his car and slammed the door as I watched his car disappear in the darkness of the night.

What was that?

I can feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I couldn't explain why I am expecting him to kiss me--

I slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand and scolded at myself.

"Gawd, Kimberly!! Are you out of your mind?! Why were you expecting?!"

I realized my voice was so loud for our neighbor to stare at me.

I must've looked like a complete fool.

I silently brushed off the dirt on my sleeve and went in the house, slamming our door to lessen the embarrassment.

♕ Tyler Hemmington ♕

What's wrong with me?!

She just felt so attractive that I wanted to kiss her but--

I couldn't.

I don't want to make her feel awkward.

She might think I am such a pervert or--

Bah!

Since when did I become so overly caring for a girl that I prioritize their needs first?

I usually prioritize my satisfactions first.

I wasn't a man of love.

I like girls all because of their hotness and nothing more..

Nah, I just got carried away.

She's just too innocent for me to lay my hand on.

❁ Kimberly Wales ❁

I went inside the house and as usual, my mom's brewing something poisonous in the kitchen.

"I'm home!" I shouted loud enough for mom to hear.

"Hey! Want dinner?" Mom coughed, geting out of the kitchen, waving her hands back and forth to remove the smoke out of the way.

"Uh.. no thanks." I said, smiling.

"Alright then. I'm making something good too! Chocolate and baked eggplant! It's my experimental concoction."

"No thanks."

Just the sound of chocolate and eggplant together wasn't pleasant to my ears at all.