Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Disaster Dinner Part I

How old is everyone?

Ivory pulled her hair out of the messy bun as she sat down in front of her vanity. She was currently getting ready for the family dinner tonight.

Yusuf was bringing his mother and grandmother tonight, and Inez was bringing her boyfriend, Terrance. Ivory was excited because she knew tonight would well.

She combed her hair out and sprayed leave in conditioner all over her hair to keep her natural curls looking nice and tight.

Ivory was dressed in grey leggings, a new olive green maternity shirt since her stomach was starting to show, and on her feet were olive green adidas.

She didn't want to dress up because she wasn't going anywhere and she wasn't the type to actually dress up anyway. Ivory barely went out and the only time she did was when Bianca begged her to come along. Ivory had a lot of nice clothes, but she was more of a basic shirt and jeans type of girl.

Ivory was a little pissed off because Bianca called her from jail and her first court date was coming up next week. She begged Ivory to drop the charges, but she wasn't going to.

She had to go to court next week to find out her ruling and she wanted to see Bianca break down and cry since she couldn't beat her ass.

Yusuf was in her room sitting in her bed, waiting for her.

He was dressed in a white Tommy Hilfiger button up, with designer jeans. On his feet he wore some expensive looking shoes that she definitely didn't know how to pronounce.

Yusuf was looking good, but he was awfully quiet tonight and barely said a word to her.

Meanwhile, Yusuf was thinking to himself about what happened at Inez's house.

Even though he didn't have sex with her, he was deciding on telling Ivory that he entertained her for a few days before Inez ran her mouth and told her lies.

After he left Inez's house, she was pissed. She started to throw and break things around the house. Inez wasn't used to rejection and she didn't know how to handle it.

Inez's plan to trap Yusuf was a fail, and now she only had one option left, which was to tell Ivory and a few lies about them. She thought Yusuf would've been dumb enough to have sex with her.

She spiked his drink, but she was pissed when he only took a tiny sip of it before spitting it out. Inez knew she couldn't cook, but she thought he would've drunk his drink she brought him.

Today she was going to try to make him jealous by bringing this guy that's been trying to mess with her for a while now. This was her last and final attempt before she decided it was time to go to Ivory. She honestly didn't understand what was wrong with her. She had a car, a nice job, and was in school to get her law degree.

Inez knew Ivory couldn't do anything for him, but spend his money. Then she found out Ivory stole him from her own bestfriend, so she know Ivory was a hoe.

Tonight was going to go her way regardless of what happened.

"Yusuf, can you pass me the corn?" Isla asked.

Yusuf nodded and passed it to her.

They were all finally at dinner and the way they were seated was uncomfortable.

Yusuf sat in between Ivory and Inez, when he really would've wanted to sit by anyone but her.

Occasionally he would feel Inez rub her leg on him or brush her hand against his thigh. He wasn't feeling it, so he tried to make conversation with Ivory for she could look his way.

Yusuf's mom and grandmother were sitting by Ivory's mother and they were getting along well. They haven't stopped talking since they met and he knew they were hitting it off.

Terrance was here too and sat by Inez, but he'll occasionally glance at Ivory. Ivory was beautiful to him and she had this natural glow that you couldn't help but to notice.

"So how far along are you, Ivory?" His grandmother asked as she sipped on her glass of wine.

Ivory wiped her mouth with her napkin. "Ten, I'll be eleven in two days." She said.

Yusuf smiled as he glanced down at her small bump. Inez looked at the both of them smile at each other and decided it was time to be petty.

"So how did you two start dating?" Inez asked.

Yusuf mentally groaned, but let Ivory answer. "He was having a tough time and I was there for him. We been knew each other though." Ivory said.

"I heard you stole him from your bestfriend." Inez said before sipping her drink.

Ivory's heart began to race. She didn't know what Inez's problem was, but she's been giving off this weird vibe all night. She only wanted to talk about her and Yusuf and it was starting to annoy her.

"Actually, Bianca was never really her best friend if you ask me. Yusuf and Ivory are made for each other." Isla spoke up.

Inez looked at Isla and mean mugged her.

Isla stared back and rolled her eyes.

Isla didn't like how Inez was trying to bring that up, especially in front of mama and Yusuf's family. That was rude to her and unnecessary.

"I was just asking. It's been going around the neighborhood sis'." Inez said.

"Well tell the neighborhood to mind their fucking business and you should too." Ivory snapped shocking the whole table.

Everyone looked at Ivory in shock and her mama stared at her. "Ivory, watch your mouth." She warned.

Ivory sighed and pushed her loose strand of curls out of her face. "I'm sorry, it's just the pregnancy hormones." She said as she sipped her water.

Yusuf squeezed her thigh and rubbed it, trying to calm her down.

Inez rolled her eyes at his gesture and decided to keep it going. She was shocked and pissed that Ivory snapped on her like that and wanted to ruin everyone's night.

"So, Yusuf ..are you going to tell your sister about us?" Inez asked making everyone's head turn towards them.