Can't Wait

The bliss that I felt waking up to the love of my life, who was an Adonis of a specimen, was next to none. I couldn't help but smile as I felt the weight of his arm wrapped around me and saw his body, naked from last night's activities, snuggled up next to mine. I leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek before intertwining fingers with his left hand with my left hand, smiling at the new rings that adorned our ring fingers as I nuzzled more into his embrace. After a few minutes of just being snuggled up to him, I heard a small sigh leave his lips before he grabbed the covers and pulled them up higher on the both of us before letting the hand that was wrapped around me drift onto my back, tracing my spine.

"Good morning, Madame de Lafayette," he murmured, his voice riddled with sleep.

"Good morning, Monsieur de Lafayette," I answered, toying with his fingers. "I like the way that these look," I said, holding my left hand in his so that it was easy to see our rings.

"I like the way that this looks," he answered, motioning at our the way our naked bodies were intertwined. 

"As do I," I smirked, leaning up and kissing him quickly. "C'mon, I'm hungry," I said before sitting up and grabbing my bra and underwear from the ground and sliding them on. I heard him groan playfully as I leaned over teasingly to pick up my wedding dress, sliding it on a hanger and hanging it in the armoir. I grabbed a simple pale yellow day dress from the chest at the foot of the bed and slipped it on, turning my back to face Lafayette and peered at him over my shoulder. "Care to help me?"

"I'd much rather be taking it off of you, cherie, but of course," he answered, sliding his underwear on before getting up from the bed and walking over to me, his fingers going to work at lacing it up, placing a kiss to the center of the back of my neck when he was finished. I sat at the vanity and undid the braid that I had slept in, as well as put on some makeup, all while eyeing Lafayette through the mirror, admiring the ways that his muscles flexed as he pulled on a shirt. "See something you like?" He teased when he caught my gaze through the mirror, causing me to blush a deep red and turn my focus back to my hair before I felt his lips against my cheek.

 "Kiss me," I said, our eyes meeting through the mirror reflection again.

"Gladly," he said softly before decreasing the space between us and taking my chin in his fingers, kissing me passionately. I opened my mouth when I felt his tongue trace along my lower lip, our tongues both searching each other's mouths. After a few minutes of this, he helped me stand up and we both fell back onto the bed, my body underneath his as the kiss grew more and more passionate. Eventually, his hands were going to undo the very ties that he had tied only moments before on the back of his dress, and it, along with his clothes, found a new home on the floor next to the bed. 

-----------

The week of the domestic bliss of the honeymoon stage was all that I could've ever hoped for and then some, but just as all other good things, our time together came to an end way too soon, as Lafayette was to be shipped out. That morning, we both were quiet as we dressed and ate breakfasts, our hands intertwined as we went through our normal morning routine, but other than that, nothing. We were both too afraid to say anything and merely wanted to enjoy each other's company for as long as we could.

After breakfast, my father, Lafayette, Laurens, Alexander, and Hercules all packed up the back of the carriage that they were taking to where they would have recruits set up camp for tonight, while Eliza, Peggy, my mother, and I all took seats inside. We were joined by the men after a minute, Lafayette to my right while my father was on my left, my mother to his left, and Laurens, Peggy, Eliza, Alexander, and Hercules all on the seat facing us. Lafayette joined our hands together again and I leaned my head onto his shoulder, my other hand gripping his bicep as I practically hugged onto his arm. We stayed in this position for the entire ride, his head lowering to rest against mine after a few minutes, and while I loved the way that his body felt against mine, I knew I would miss it more than anything.