Prologue

"What the hell."

That was the first thing Sam Gilbert heard out of his little brothers mouth. Jeremy opened the door to see their nineteen year old brother who had been staying in England.
"Jeremy who's at the do-" Elena stopped short seeing her brother, as Alaric, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, and Caroline followed to the door.
"Well I feel unwelcome." Sam smirked his voice now having an accent Elena realized.
"Sammy." Elena says softly running to him and wrapping him in a hug.
"Lena." Sam smiles wrapping his sister in his arms and winking at the teacher who looked at Damon who couldn't help the smirk on his lips.
"Are you seriously okay with this, he just checked out he doesn't get to check back in." Jeremy glared.
"Well when aunt Jenna was dead, I was told to check in." Sam smirked.
"By who?" Elena questioned curiously. Sam's smirk suddenly dropped as he looked to the ground in confusion.
"I dunno. But by the looks of it I'm glad I did." Sam smirked looking at the three men in the room.
"Are you gay?" Damon asked bluntly as Stefan elbowed him.
"Are you questioning my sexuality?" Sam asked furrowing his eyebrows.
"Yes." Alaric said shrugging.
"Fair." Sam shrugged dropping the act as he stepped in the house.
"What was it like in England?" Caroline asked her best friend with a smile. Sam went to respond only to have a blank look appear on his face.
"I don't know."