A Quiet Chat

I sat with Reid at the kitchen table eating my toast and eggs he prepared for me. I thought of lastnight. The dream. Of the village. The boy in my dream. 'Who was that boy?' I look over at Reid, 'could it be...that, that boy was...Reid?" I remember him saying something about him being the only person in that village who survived. So could it be? Those couples in the work shop were actually killed? If so then if the boy was Reid then that couple were his..."Parents," I said out loud without meaning too. "What are you mumbling about?" he wondered while reading the news paper of the day.

"Your parents were killed that day weren't they?"

Reid's mask stares at me putting the paper down, "Is there a reason your asking this?" he spoke softly I could tell he was trying to avoid this subject. 

"That night,"I began. I don't hate him as much anymore knowing he rescued me from Victor with  one of his hands being injured while fighting him off me, "that night after being attacked by Victor and went unconscious for awhile-"

"For awhile?" Reid says while getting up from his chair walking over to me sitting next to me, "more like you were out for 2 days."

I gasp, "2...days you say?" Reid nodded, 'Was he worried about me not waking up?' I look at my bandaged arm, 'Is Victor the spirit he fears?' I remember reading that he fears a spirit here in the notebook. I decided to work on talking about one thing at a time. Also wanted to know why he rescued me. Right now it is about his parents. "Anyways while I was unconscious," Reid nodded, "I had a dream. That dream seemed to be about what happened...to your village. If so I saw everything from Victor killing and one other guy with his ax who I don't know his name-"

"Marcus is his name," Reid answered.

"Is? You mean he is still alive?" Reid nodded, "does he think you're dead?" 

Reid shook his head,"No he knows I am still alive. He knows what happened to his brother."

I gasp, 'His brother?' "Marcus is his brother?" Reid nodded, "your the one who killed Victor right?"

Reid nodded, "I wanted to make him suffer the way he made the people he slaughtered suffer. He is the only one I killed with my own hands rather then feed him directly to the tiger. After I chopped off his head with that bloody sword of his that he is so famous in using on my people I fed his body to the tiger." 

I nodded, "I see you are giving me answers now since before you told me that you won't answer questions that I ask?" Reid stayed silent, "listen I still don't know what reasons you have with my father and for kidnapping me. You probably think I hate you its why you don't give me answers. You don't answer questions by someone you think hates you. I understand now why you don't answer them and in return you hate me or least it seems like you do."

"Do you think that I would of saved you that night if I truly hated you?" I was shocked at his voice it was not as cold towards me I mean he hasn't been cold to me ever since he saved me from Victor it took till today to realize it, "If I truly hated you I would of let him kill you which he was planning to do." 

I look at him with shock, "You never hated me?"

"How should I hate someone I barely know? I hate your father not you."

"Then why make me suffer?" or used too he hasn't whipped me in a long time 'Is there a reason behind that?' I wondered about my father and him. I remember my mother telling me that my father was a bully in highschool but he got better after marrying her. Well until he decided to leave us, "Reid please. Please tell me? I know you said you have your reasons what reasons?"

Reid stayed quiet for a minute probably thinking it over. He sighed, "Its a long story," he whispered so soft I could barely hear him. "Before I tell you this I want you to finish your story about your dream."