Chapter 6

A few weeks ahead..

Anika's POV

Work !! Work !! It's time for work !!

Tremblingly, I rushed out off the elevator. I'm 25 minutes late for work! I better not get into my manager's sight he will definitely burry me up with his questions.

Scanning my identity card, I entered into my office. I took a look around the room if my eyes could see my manager roaming around this area. Letting out a gasp, I quickly moved away from the place I stood and ran up to my cabin!

Right there, my eyes glanced at my colleagues, doing their work! They're my best pals that I have earned here. Vithiya and Thilak, these two buddies are from India as well but have been in US for years. Vithiya is ahead senior to me, while Thilak is my junior. Both of them know how kind of a life I live in but not my pasts.

Not even a bit of a word I have left about the person who I'm married too! It's a mystery for them!

Oufff !

' Over slept or Too much of chore works? ' Thilak asked, fiddling his fingers on the keys of his laptop.

' As usual over work in house! Managing one child all alone is not just a easy task! ' I said, breathing fastly.

' It's easy if the child is matured enough! But your kid, oh damn what I gotta to say. Such a naughty boy! ' Thilak said, rolling off his eyes and sighed.

' You're 5 minutes lucky nika! If you had come here before 5 minutes, you would have been roasted by the manager. ' Vithiya emerged in with an assured smile.

' Pheww Thank god ! Why was he here actually? ' I asked, sheepishly.

' That sotta thalaiya wants me to finish the marketing process by today evening which is supposed to be done tomorrow. ' Thilak said, rolling off his eyes in a pissed tone.

Sotta Thalaiya, is none other than our manager George.

I couldn't resist to laugh! This guy is the only stress buster for me and vithiya. He keenly know how to turn a serious matter into a fun one! That's his magic! Such a funny guy.

' Thilak you're so dramatic man! ' Vithiya complimented, bitting a laugh.

' Because I meant to be! ' He replied back, with a peace look.

' Enough with all your dramas let's get on to work ! ' I said, in a serious tone.

I and Thilak are in marketing management, Vithiya works as the assistant manager in general marketing unit. So, yeah she's the head of our department.

Being a marketing manager is not that easy, we're the ones who organises activities for marketing resources. As I work in a trading business company were they import goods, supply goods to different countries and states it's a very huge and hectic work for me.

With my colleagues, I began my usual work, side by was helping thilak to finish up with marketing prices and equalise the tally. While, Vithiya was super busy arranging the bill sheets and documents on the file.

Just on time, I heard our cabin door creek opened. It was our CEO Aditya Roy, the owner of this whole business trade at our door step. We three stood up with respect and greeted him.

' Good Morning Sir ! ' We chroused.

' Good Morning! Come on dudes how many times I have told you guys not to call me as sir ? Just call me Adit! ' Aditya said, with a smile on his face.

' Okay buddy! ' Thilak replied.

' So, guys at 2pm after lunch break we have an important meeting gather at the conference on time. And Nika today you're going to lead the meeting with this presentation. Check the details on this file any doubt vithiya will help you. ' Aditya said, forwarding a file over to me.