Gift (2)

The second week blew by quickly as Siri over saw his treatment exercises three times a day.  She would stop by his courtyard and with each visit.  All the maids and servants kept talking about how favored their new Princess is.  How their Prince lets her walk in and out of his courtyard and home without a guide.  Without a soldier stopping her.  Without his permission, she could do as she pleased in his home.  

The time spent together between Siri and Ryu increased as well.  They would have breakfast and dinner with each other every day and talk over their meals.  She would share with him all her knowledge she gathered over the years.  She would tell him about the littlest things like how the Seven Heart Dragon Fly got it's name, it's life cycle and it's mating habits to what inspires her to paint and which instruments she likes the most.  

Every time she came over to his house, she would gift him her painting she made the day before and with the help of either Petra, Liam, or Ethan they would place the painting on his ceiling so he could admire it at night before he goes to sleep and every morning when the sun rises when he wakes up.  

Siri could tease him mercilessly and he wouldn't reprimand her.  Instead he would indulge her and let her tease him.  At times, his guards could see their Prince's lips twitch in amusement.  Sometimes, their Princess was too ridiculous and their Prince laughed.  All three of them stood to the side and ignore their conversations, but they couldn't help listening to their Princess talk about nothing and everything.  She had a charm to her that attracted everyone to her.  Her infinite knowledge of everything astounded them.  No wonder Prime Minister Chen hid her away and didn't let her go out to the royal celebrations and get togethers.  If she came to one event, she would have won over the whole male population and made so many enemies on the way.  She would have been married to the Crown Prince years ago and wouldn't have married their Prince.  

"You did very well today." Siri told him.  "Today you walked your whole house, upstairs and downstairs.  Tonight, try to walk your courtyard, if you can walk it without getting tired, run.  Run like it's the first time you've ever run before.  And take your first steps of freedom to your new life."  

"Husband will do as wife says."  Ryu told her as they watched his flower maze garden from his balcony.  "Get ready tomorrow."  

"For what?"  Siri asked before drinking half of her teacup.  When she placed it down, he drank the rest.  They have gotten into a habit of her eating or drinking first and him finishing off the rest of the food or drink.  

"You're surprise."  Ryu told her.  "I promised didn't I?  That you'll be given a big gift for your good work." 

Siri stood up quickly and hopped around in excitement with a shit eating grin.  Her eyes shined brightly at the thought of going out and experiencing life outside of courtyards.  

"You like it this much?" Ryu asked with a smile on his face.  

Siri nodded her head up and down quickly and excitedly.  Her hands were clasped together in front of her chest as she nodded.  And in that moment, she captivated him.  Wholeheartedly.  Her innocence.  Her giving nature.  Her smart brain, but especially her smart mouth.  From every strand of her fine silky hair on her head to the tips of her painted toes, he knew he liked every part of her.  Even the mean side she could have when she was disrespected.  Even her frowns when she was frustrated.  He liked everything about her.  He liked their silence when they had nothing to say.  He liked her talkative ways.  He liked how she teased him and challenged him.  He liked her courage and her bragging ways.  He liked everything about his wife.  And she was his.  She belonged to him and only him.  

What would she say if he decided to take back their agreement of one year together.  Would she hate him?  Would she stop being nice to him?  Would she stop talking to him?  Teasing him?  Stop making him laugh?  

Suddenly she pinched his cheeks with her fingers. "Don't frown at me.  You promised to give me all your smiles and laughter."  

She then patted his pinched cheeks and squeezed them together before saying.  "Don't act like taking me outside is a chore you don't want to do.  If you don't want to be my guide, I'll just go by myself." 

Siri stood up and began to leave, but before she reached his door she turned around and said. "Better yet, maybe I'll find someone who can be my guide around the city.  Maybe the person I find is a man.  A man who knows not to sulk when giving out a gift?" 

Siri closed the door quickly afterwards and leaned against the door, trying to quiet down her heartbeat.  Her whole body was shivering with fright.  What made her think she could pinch his cheeks then squish them together then threaten him that she'll find another man to take her around the city.  She must have lost her mind.  

The door opened and Siri fell back.  She wan't expecting anyone to open the door, but because she was leaning on the door with all her weight, she wasn't ready to catch herself when she fell.  

Strong arms wrapped themselves around her falling body and caught her.  Liquid silver eyes met dark pools of onyx eyes.  They looked angry.  And she was the reason.  She's really going to die today.  Siri thought.  Siri opened her mouth to say something, but instead it was covered up with his lips.  

His warm lips covered her cold lips.  It was a clashing of his anger and all she could do was take the brunt of it.  Accept it.  She really didn't want to die for pushing his anger.  Soon those clashing lips became slow and teasing.  Somehow a moan came from her throat which gave him the encouragement he needed to slip his tongue inside her mouth.  

Her tongue shy reciprocated his movements and he took her into his mouth greedily.  Their kiss consumed her every thought and feeling.  Her mind was a complete blank when he pulled away.  Her eyes were still closed when he stared back at her.  

In his eyes, Siri was lovely, her pink cheeks lit up her pale skin.  Her pink lips were swollen and red.  Her eyes closed with long eyelashes that feathered.  How could he not like his wife?  She was enchanting and alluring. And she was all his.  As if he would give her the chance to find someone to be her guide.  It can only be him who guides her.  No one else.