Spring Hunt (8)

Koji's eyes lit up in surprise and excitement.  He did it!  He actually did it!  He successfully invited the Queen to drink to a toast in celebration of the Spring Hunt.

"This way, your Highness." Koji quickly said as he walked a half a step behind Queen Siri. 

Everyone's gaze watch Siri move from her tent to a bunch of drunk and rowdy young nobles who sat around a large camp fire. 

"Koji.  Koji.  Koji."  The young men chanted. 

Siri smiled at the young men's enthusiasm.  When she arrived, they all stood and bowed towards her and she dismissed them quickly. 

"Stand."  Siri said as she signaled Gilldy to pour a cup of wine that they brought with them.  They never took a chance with Siri's health.  So any food or drink Siri consumed, it always came from her maids and the food and drinks they prepared.  Meada held the cup as Gilldy poured the wine inside.  Meada hands the cup to Siri and raises up high.  The young men following suit. 

"To the Spring Celebration."  Siri said.  "May we give thanks to life, blessings to the Gods, and ask for a plentiful harvest." 

"Cheers!"  The men said as they shouted. 

They all took a swig of wine from their own cup as they start to chant Koji's name again. 

"Koji.  Koji.  Koji." 

Suddenly the rowdy behavior became sullen as a cold pressure descend onto them, sobering them up completely.  Siri didn't need to turn around to know that Ryu is behind her and staring daggers at her back and at the young men who were in front of her. 

Siri could feel the back of her hair rise as the steps of a horse approaches her.  Ryu's hand scoops her up from her waist and sits her on the horse in front of him.  His arm wraps tightly around her as everyone cheers.  Ryu leads the group of men into the forest for the night hunt.  Ryu's angry aura surrounds him, engulfing Siri completely and making others avoid him. 

The silenced anger around Ryu deafened Siri as his quiet anger built with each minute.  He hold around her waist kept a firm hold on her as the horse rode through the forest at its fastest run.  They were at first at the head of the group, but now, after 30 minutes, they were alone.  They have long deviated away from the group and were on their own. 

Siri's heart pounded loudly as Ryu's anger build. 

Why was he so angry? Siri thought, but she knew him.  If she asked him now, he'll say something he'll regret and later would apologize for.  So Siri kept quiet, letting his angry aura consume her. 

They broke through the forest and come upon another lake.  They have finally stopped after close to an hour of traveling.  Ryu gets down and helps her down from the horse, letting it rest and roam around. 

"Remove your clothes."  Ryu ordered. 

Siri's eyebrow rose to question him before doing his bidding.  Okay, if he wants to have nature sex, she was down with it.  If he wants to have lake sex, she was down with it even more.

Siri smiled wickedly as she took off her dress and hung them up over a tree branch.  Her single white jade hairpin came out and she threw it next to her shoes and socks.  She was completely naked standing under the moon as her husband stared at her with lust and a hint of rage. 

"Do you dare?"  Siri challenged as she runs towards the lake.  She was already waist deep when she could hear Ryu's steps behind her. 

Siri laughs as she could sense him getting closer before she dives in further into the lake.  She swims and swims and finally comes back up for air.  Siri turns around and the surface of the lake is calm.  There was no Ryu in sight.  Siri's heart starts to panic, what if Ryu can't swim? 

"Ryu?!"  Siri calls. 

When there was no answer, she calls his name again.  "Ryu!"

Still no answer. 

"Ryu!  You better not be teasing me!"  Siri threatened as she began to become afraid.  "You're scaring me."

Suddenly she felt a hand around her ankle and she screamed as it pulls her down.  Her heart drops as she feels a set of hands embrace her and brings her back to the surface.  Siri's silver hair shines against the moonlight as Ryu brushes it back as Siri coughs and gasps for air. 

"Now you remember this King and this King's name?"  Ryu chided her.  He was no longer in a jealous rage, seeing how pitiful his wife looked at the moment.  He didn't mean to make her almost drown, he only wanted to tease her by scaring her a little. 

Siri punches Ryu on his chest.  Her puny strength against his harden chest was like sand hitting a rock. 

Siri took her hand back and shook it, she hurt her hand instead. 

"Why'd you scare me like that?"  Siri lectured.  "I- I thought...." 

Tears start to well up and Siri tries to get away from Ryu, but his iron hold on her made her getting away useless so she hides her face on his chest.  Her hands are around his shoulder as hot tears drop onto his chest. 

"I'm sorry.  Don't cry.  I didn't mean to."  Ryu quickly said as he held her closer to him.  "I was jealous when I saw you surrounded by the young men.  They all had their eyes on you and I... I wanted to punish you by disappearing under water so you could learn your lesson.  I didn't mean to drag you under and try to drown you.  I'm sorry.  I won't do that again." 

Siri sniffled as she listened.  "Fool."  Siri said as her puny hand slapped his chest.  "Why do you need to be jealous?  I already gave you everything of myself, why would you need to be jealous?"

"This Husband can't help it.  This Husband can't think straight if a man is near you.  Don't blame your husband for this."  Ryu told her. "Don't make me a eunuch." 

Siri laughs at him.  "Only if you make it up to this wife." 

"Challenge Accepted."  Ryu said as he smiled at her as he kisses her tenderly. 

That night they made love under the stars.  Their love for one another would be envied by others.